cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paggy
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Broadband connection dropping

Hello, for the last two weeks my home broadband has become very unstable, with regular connection drops which can last for a few seconds to more than an hour. It did look like DNS was not being resolved but that issue appears to have been solved, now during the evening and morning the internet is completely unusable.

Capture.JPG

Performance.JPG

settings.JPG

These screenshots where taken just after the latest disconnect, it has become truly ridiculous

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Broadband connection dropping

as you are using openreach  modem all the usual stats are held by the modem and unless unlocked not accessible

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

run btspeedtester again but this time run diagnostic test which is available after first test completes and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paggy
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Broadband connection dropping

I do have an openreach modem

I tried that and you are correct the line was quiet, but still getting random disconnects.

0 Ratings