cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 48

Re: BT Broadband desktop help not launching

Go to solution
Hi scope as you are having a similar problem i would suggest you contact the mods and ask for assistance this is a link to them
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
they normally reply by email or phone within 72 hours
0 Ratings
peteratsrinagar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 48

Go to solution

Nothing that money grabbing BT does, works! Desktop help worked on XP but not on Vista or Win7. This has been going on  for a couple of years now. However, BTstill advertises and promotes this service as part of one's B/B package. Is this false advertising? I also note that apart from B/B help never working, BT have increased it's phone-call/line rental by 24% in the past 12 months! Is this to force everyone to switch to mobile phones? For BT it would mean virtually no cable laying crews, no home instillation crews of subscribers apparatus and no subscribers home maintenance engineers. Nice little wages saver. And, when everyone is forced to use mobile, because of the extortionate cost of landlines, will the cost of mobile calls remain unchanged? I don't think so!

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 48

Go to solution
Hi no desktop help does work on vista and windows 7 as I have it working her with no problem as to prices well like every thing in this world things go up not just BT but all phone and broadband providers have increased charges just as the mobile phone services have increased theres as well

Price rises happen daily fact if you object to paying increases to any supplier you have a choice pay or do with out wages and costs increase so unfortunately you have to pay for them sorry that is life
0 Ratings
DavidBarton
Message 24 of 48

Go to solution

Not a lot it would appear...! BT obviously don't have any answers that I can find....!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 48

Go to solution
Hi David Barton

Welcome to the forums
If you would care to post more details of your problem then maybe someone here will be able to offer you help

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
patclem
Beginner
Message 26 of 48

Go to solution

The problem with installing BT Broadband Desktop Help continues. I have it installed and working on my old Windows XP desktop computer. However, it defies all attempts to install it on my Windows 7 64Bit laptop. At first, the installation programme ran to its completion but trying to launch it produced a message that as I hadn't used it before my telephone number was needed. As soon as I entered the number it disappeared and I was asked to enter it again. This went on and on until I gave up.After I had done this several times the wretched thing changed its tactics. After the download was completed I received a message that the installation was complete (again no automatic launch). This time, clicking on the link produced a message that BTBDH was not installed on my computer and an invitation to click on a link to install it : needless to say, clicking on the link produced no result whatever.

This seems to prove the saying that people can make mistakes but for  a real **bleep**-up you need a computer.

0 Ratings
NooNoosdad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 48

Go to solution

I have Windows 7 64 Bit and have been trying for months to get Desktop Help to work without any success.

All I get now is the following message with it tries to load:

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.4.5 404 Not Found

Come on BT - What's the Answer ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 48

Go to solution
Hi completely uninstall desktop help then try again

many on the forum do recommend not using desktop help as it can sometimes cause more trouble then it is worth but that has to be your choice
0 Ratings
DanDare
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Dave Barton - I think I may know the answer to this one , I think you are downloading and installing the BT Business version of desktop help which for some reason does not currently work on 64bit machines, however the consumer side of BT have a different version which does work and has for some time. Try the following steps :-

Click start - All programs - BT Broadband Desktop Help - Uninstall (also look in add/remove programs)

Open task manager, check and if found:
remove BTHelpNotifier.exe
remove McciServiceHost.exe
remove McciTrayApp.exe
stop McciCMService.exe in services (control panel - Administrative Tools - Services)

In registry, delete the following (start - Run - Regedit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motive
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive

delete the following folders if still present

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive
C:\Program Files\BT Broadband Desktop Help

Important - RESTART YOUR PC

Download the latest Desktop help client from www.bt.com/help/broadbandhelp (make sure you use this link as it is for the Consumer version of BT broadband desktop help not the business version)
0 Ratings
ziana
Message 30 of 48

Go to solution

HELP....

I can't launch BT Desktop help...I had a virus and had to uninstall...I have reinstalled though it won't launh....I had to also uninstall MCaFee as the virus kept turning my firewall off...also mcfee did not spot the virus...... and that won't install properly now either..Please please please HELP

0 Ratings