Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amandap
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 48

BT Broadband desktop help not launching

Go to solution

Like so many other forum users I can no longer launch BT Broadband desktop help.  I now have windows vista.  There was no problem with windows XP.  Seems to me that BT software engineers need to look at this problem as there no point in advertising its availability if it doesn't work.

47 REPLIES 47
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 48

Re: BT Broadband desktop help not launching

Go to solution
I don't believe BT have ever bothered updating it to be compatible with Vista. I can't see the point in the software anyway, and haven't installed it on either of my PCs.
0 Ratings
girish12
Beginner
Message 3 of 48

Go to solution
If you upgraded from XP to Vista then some software are unlikely to work...try reinstalling it again from http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12941/c/346
0 Ratings
Mad_scientist
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 48

Go to solution
BT software does not work with 64bit win 7 so if you have 64bit vista that too probably will not work.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Guys

Asked about this and can advise that BT Broadband Desktop help has been compatible with Windows vista for some 18 month plus. As we have a large population of vista users with the client installed, I would suggest uninstalling the client and rebooting your PC then downloading the latest version fromwww.bt.com/help/broadbanddesktophelp

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
darrenjeff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 48

Go to solution

I've 'installed' successfully on windows 7 64bit but as the post above, it doesn't launch.

Works ok on my vista laptop.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Amandap
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

Following some technical problems i had to recently restore my laptop to its factory settings and actually did what you have suggested - unfortunately I hadn't got round to updating the forum and letting people know that what you're suggesting does work - i've tried it.

0 Ratings
patty
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution

I changed my provider to BT in May after upgrading to Windows 7.  The BT Broadband desktop help downloads but will not launch.  I have uninstalled it and tried several times.  Also cannot access email help without been prompted to register as a BT/Yahoo customer.  I do not use nor wish to use Yahoo and I certainly did not sign up for it.  Some of my contacts have reported not receving emails and occasionally I have not received emails they have sent to me but since I can't access any help without registering with Yahoo cannot sort this out.  This is very frustrating and very poor service from BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

welcome to the forum

this thread has been marked as solved by the originator.  You would be better starting a new subject for yourself and then you should get some assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
joe973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 48

Go to solution

Mine won't either what can one do.

0 Ratings