cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 48

Re: BT Broadband desktop help not launching

Go to solution
just install any other free anti virus programme AVG or AVAST rare recommended by many
As to desktop help unless you really need it many here suggest you do not bother as it can cause more problems than it solves
0 Ratings
peteratsrinagar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 48

Go to solution

Hi,

Well this is an on-going argument that I have had with BT over it'sB/B help not launching. If you have a problem with your mail, BT will simply tell you that Yahoo is the mail handler NOT BT itself. What BT has done is leased out the rights to Yahoo and therefor take no blame for the way in which mail problems are dealt with. All BT want is the line rental. Any other problems therefor lay with the mail handler whether you are with Yahoo or another ISP. Nice get-out BT! I have written to Yahoo many times now but they never respond. Most of the "Contact" links to Yahoo don't work either! So there is no way of resolving mail problems. It is the same sad story of Britain today....RIP OFF!

0 Ratings
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 48

What is latest version of BT Broadband Desktop Help?

Go to solution

I have been prompted to update this package and when I have completed the update I am once again pronpted to update the package ~ and round in cirles it goes.  I see my version is 12.08.01.01C ~ is this the current version?
Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 48

Re: What is latest version of BT Broadband Desktop Help?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 48

Go to solution

Why have you pointed me to a  question I asked in February.

Please tell me: what version of this software you use  and is it the latest version?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 48

Go to solution

I do not use desktop help, I would not let it near my computer as I have my own diagnostics program Smiley Wink

If you really want to use it look here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7050/~/where-can-i-download-bt-broadband-desktop-help...

0 Ratings
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 48

Go to solution

I already have the product on my computer so the link you provided is of no use to me.  What I want to know is the latest version number and I can see you will not be able to supply that.

BTW ~ why wouldn't you have it anywhere near your PC?  That is damnation from a "Distinguished Guru"

Bye.

0 Ratings
stephenjemery
Beginner
Message 38 of 48

Go to solution

I tried most of this afternoon to get BT Broadband Help to load, even had a one hour chat with 'technical support' to get the problem resolved. Finally gave it up as a bad job. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
DarrenB
Contributor
Message 39 of 48

Go to solution
Hi dml,

The latest version should be 12.08.01.02C.

I'm sorry you are experiencing the same problem again.

I would like to try and get to the bottom of this issue for you and other users. But to enable a full investigation we would require a bit more information from you.

If you would like to assist we can move this to email?

Darren
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 48

Go to solution
The software in a lot of cases causes more trouble than it solves that is why it is the feeling of many community members not to use it or recommend it's use
0 Ratings