cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 48

What is latest version of BT Broadband Desktop Help?

Go to solution

The version on my PC is 12.08.01.01C and I think there is a more up to date version.  Do you know what it is?
Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 42 of 48

Re: What is latest version of BT Broadband Desktop Help?

Go to solution

Don't know the version number but it's available here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12941/~/bt-broadband-desktop-help.

It's worth also looking here: http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-Desktop-Help-new-version-update/td-p/421679.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 48

Go to solution

See the by DarrenB above.

"Hi dml,

The latest version should be 12.08.01.02C.

I'm sorry you are experiencing the same problem again.

I would like to try and get to the bottom of this issue for you and other users. But to enable a full investigation we would require a bit more information from you.

If you would like to assist we can move this to email?

Darren"

0 Ratings
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Keith Beddoe,

Sorry, but I didn't know you had the authority to move/amalgamate postings without informing the person making the posting hence I wondered where my posting had vanished.

I will follow up with DarrenB

dml

0 Ratings
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 48

Re: BT Broadband desktop help not launching

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

I remember you from our exchanges on this subject back in February.  At that time I removed the s/w (with excellent guidance from a Moderator called Stuart) and reinstalled it.  All was fine until yesterday when I was flagged that a new update was available ~ I clicked for it to be installed and was advised it was successful.  A few minutes later I was advised a new version was available: and round and round in circles I went.

Now I know there is a newer version available (thank you for that info) I am minded to go through the uninstall/reinstall process again.  I would prefer to have the 'problem' solved once and for all and to that end I would welcome any help you can give.  You have my email address.

Regards

dml

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 48

Go to solution

@dml wrote:

Hi Keith Beddoe,

Sorry, but I didn't know you had the authority to move/amalgamate postings without informing the person making the posting hence I wondered where my posting had vanished.

I will follow up with DarrenB

dml

What often happens, is people lose track of their original post as it moves off the current page, as as you know, this is a very busy forum Smiley Wink

This results in a new thread being generated, and the OP does not see the answer.

To try and prevent this from happening, the moderators and the CLs can split or merge threads to try and keep all the answers in one place, or to avoid confusion if diagnostic tests are being requested by more than one person.

Keeping track of multiple ADSL and speedtester results on the same thread is almost impossible Smiley Sad

This also makes the forum search facility more productive, as answers to common questions, like desktop help, all appear in the same thread, instead of all over the place.

You can always find your recent posts by going to http://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/26369

even if it has moved down the board.

0 Ratings
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Keith Beddoe,

Thank you for this very helpful information.

Regards

dml

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 48

Go to solution

@dml wrote:

Hi Keith Beddoe,

Thank you for this very helpful information.

Regards

dml

I do apologise if it has caused you some confusion, it was not my intention to do that, only to point you to the answer.

I do hope you get the issue sorted. Please provide feedback on this thread, as it will help other people in a similar situation.

Thanks

0 Ratings