cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT Broadband not working with Sky Go

I need help desperately and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I am a BT broadband customer for a year now and while I have been a customer I have been using Sky Go on my PS4 but recently when trying to connect while being connected to WiFi I get an error that Sky can not verify my location and Sky GO is for UK/ROI customers only, it is the same on my iPhone when I am connected to WiFi but when I turn off WiFi and use my 4G Sky loads fine, checked my IP location and it says UK.

As this only happens when connected to WiFi I’m assuming it’s something to do with BT.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Chris
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Broadband not working with Sky Go

More like a sky problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 13

I had a similar problem a while back when I was with still with sky and using sky fibre on the Ps4. I deleted the app also deleted any saved sky go data on the Ps4. Downloaded again and it worked. Have you tried that already? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

I have tried deleting it but I haven’t tried deleting the Sky Go data how do I do this? Like clearing the cache?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Anyone?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 13

Never had anything to do with Sky or Play stations either but a web search turns up loads of hints on managing Sky Go.

To get you started:-

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-go/what-would-you-like-help-with-manage-your-sky-go-devices

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/1404602/how-to-add-remove-and-change-devices-on-sky...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 13

I agree with others here. Sky Go even when it works has a habit of removing your Sky account connected device just for the hell of it. If you have Sky Q, then the Sky Q app is far more reliable. With the right device and a compatible TV you can mirror the image to a TV too. It may even be that this is a deliberate ploy to get people to switch to Sky Q, who knows...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 13

Something else you might try if all else fails.  Back up all your PS4 data to an external drive and do a factory reset of the PS4.  Then you can start again with the Sky Go with a clean slate, so to speak.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Doesn’t explain why it doesn’t work on my mobile while connected to WiFi though but when turned off and use 4G it’s fine seems to be something with the location of my IP how ever I’m confused as it says my ISP is uk based
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Have you tried a factory reset of the Hub yet?  It may clear up when you get a new IP address after the Hub restarts.

0 Ratings