Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cariad1256
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Buy Out of my EE Contract

Go to solution

Hi, I received a phone call from a lady representing BT asking me to switch over to BT. I said i still had a contract with EE and she said BT will buy out that contract. I said ok and everything has gone well switching over. Now i am here i have not found out how BT are going to pay the buy out. Rang the help line a couple of times and they say they will ring me back, but they haven't yet.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DavidM
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Buy Out of my EE Contract

Go to solution

Hi Cariad1256,

Welcome and thanks for posting. You'll get details on how to contact the switcher team at switching from EE. Can you try that and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Cariad1256
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi and thanks for the link. Yes that info tells me how to change from EE but the change happened on the 6th August, I'm now here using BT now. In the sales call from the BT lady she said BT would buy out my contract from EE if i left EE early. EE have sent me a bill for £242 so i need BT to pay that, like the sales lady said BT would do. I have had no email or other info on how BT will pay it.

Thanks, Phil

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

plesae update as I have never heard of BT buying out your existing contract if you transfer. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Cariad1256
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi. I rang BT on their help line and they have told me to email a copy of my final bill from EE, to the switching team at BT and they will knock the amount off my BT bill. They say it is very common for BT to pay off the contract of other providers, to get the consumer to come over to BT, so problem solved.

Thanks for your help

Phil

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Cariad1256 wrote:

Hi. I rang BT on their help line and they have told me to email a copy of my final bill from EE, to the switching team at BT and they will knock the amount off my BT bill. They say it is very common for BT to pay off the contract of other providers, to get the consumer to come over to BT, so problem solved.

Thanks for your help

Phil

Not for home phone, or Broadband, or TV

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Cariad1256
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

This is for home broadband with phone line and calls. Maybe i should be sceptical too as i never beleive anything until the cash is in my hand, or in this case, the balance shows up in my account. I'll keep you posted

0 Ratings