Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
masonst0rm
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT CAB for HTC Touch 2

Just had my HTC Touch 2 unlocked from T-Mobile and want to use instead of my old HTC where can I find the official BT sofware for the touch 2? Looked on BT site for updates and HTC but all I seem to be able to get is an update for T-Mobile which means I can't get internet via GPRS can anyone help?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT CAB for HTC Touch 2

The BT software (including the VOIP cab file) were released for the HTC 620/710: the T2 and Hero were released with only the manufacturers software installed.  There was an indication that a VOIPcab file/app  would be forthcoming last January, but that seems to have been overtaken now.

TM often issue their own adapted ROM builds for HTC phones, certainly have witht the HD2 (and their version of the Hero).  I dont know about the T2, but I would be surprised if they havent.  This means in the case of the HD2 a ROM upgrade is 'network' independant, ie, not specifically for TM, as they do their own.

The BT phones are also unlocked like yours now, so I would try and configure it for use with the BT SIM card which I am assuming you have, and want to use?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
masonst0rm
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

the key issue is although the phone is unlocked and can use to make calls etc... the version of software the phone has still has tie in's to T-mobile internet access... I need to find the "unlocked software " i.e. basic build that allows you to set up connection to any mobile network so I can set up with BT mobile/Vodafone setting.

Have seen possible ROM upgrade due soon for BB Talk so hope this will be a full ROM upgrade and that the serial number attached to the phone doesn't tie me to T-mobile updates only...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Get the BT settings from CS for a BT SIM, but I have a feeling they may not work with a TM ROM build.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
neilmorgan
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Check my web site - see link below. There are settings somewhere for the touch 2 settings. Once you follow them uyou will find the TM GPRS settings which you'll need to delete and replace with the BT settings.
If you can't find the relevant link I'll dig it out for you but as I don't have one of the newer phones I never use the new phones link myself

---------
I really wish people would tell me the full story when reporting a problem... DOH!
---------
Expert
Message 6 of 9

@masonst0rm wrote:

Have seen possible ROM upgrade due soon for BB Talk so hope this will be a full ROM upgrade and that the serial number attached to the phone doesn't tie me to T-mobile updates only...

It was a mirage. It was supposed to be available in January so it's fair to assume they have ditched the idea.

MODs? Would you like to comment? 

Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

I don't think they can Neil. Like I posted earlier silence speaks volumes.

Raid

0 Ratings
kblokey
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

if this hasnt already been answered correctly go to htc website and they have a rom upgrade there for the hero which i would assume is for generic software. they have listed all the operators that support the hero. give that a try and it should remove any traces of tmob

0 Ratings
kblokey
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

My mistake my eyes are failing lol thouht said hero
0 Ratings