cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT Call Protect - Unrecognised numbers Setting

Hi @jeffw,

I've raised this with my colleague in Call Protect and I'll post back as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 14

Hi @jeffw,

The Call Protect Team have got back to me and asked for your details so that this can be investigated. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

PaddyB

Many thanks.  I have completed the form and submitted in between power cuts due to the strong winds!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

Was there ever any resolution to this?

I have a similar issue with Call Protect. For me its unrecognised numbers. I get a scam call, then go to 1572 to add the number to my personal blacklist. It tells me it can't do it as the number is unrecognised. But... I have the setting on my Call Protect to send all unrecognised numbers to my junk mail. 

I've tried calling BT a couple of times on this but they basically don't have a clue. Last guy I spoke to suggested I pay and subscribe to 1571 as its a much better service - now there's a suprise.

He also decided he would switch my call protect off then back on again to see if that resolved the issue.

Sounds so familiar to the old faithful "turn it off, then back on again" so beloved of call centeres over the years...!

I would expect a service offered by BT to actually do what it says - or if it can't to provide a reasonable explanatyion as to why.

I won't hold my breath on this one.

0 Ratings