Did you mean: 
Meganix
Beginner
Message 281 of 301

Re: BT Call Protect

This situation is very annoying.
On this website there are most of the phone numbers you write about:

https://www.quinumero.info/
I just had 3 unwanted calls just now. Has anyone found a way to block them?

0 Ratings
DutchmanUK
Beginner
Message 282 of 301

I wish they'd use the same system as Sky, where new callers always go through a dialog. You can then chose to either blacklist or add them as a trusted number. Can we all complain to BT and ask them to change this?

0 Ratings
Andrew221
Contributor
Message 283 of 301

BT Call protect is great had it for 10 months now, still get call we don't want but added them to blacklist.  Until now i've reach 100 in blacklist and won't allow any more!  So unless i delete some numbers that have been blocked i cannot add any more.  Seem to defeat the object.  Come on BT why restrict the blacklist numbers at all.  if it is working????

Calls sent to junk box in 10 months 408

Calls blacklisted 100

WoodbridgePete
Contributor
Message 284 of 301

For the one or two unwanted calls I get every couple of weeks now, compared to 5 or 6 a day before call protect, I think it is doing a good job.  I certainly wouldn't want a screening dialog like Sky.  

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 285 of 301

@WoodbridgePetewrote:

For the one or two unwanted calls I get every couple of weeks now, compared to 5 or 6 a day before call protect, I think it is doing a good job.  I certainly wouldn't want a screening dialog like Sky.  

I agree, apart from the odd wart as can be exoected along the way, it works well for me.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 286 of 301

Seems to work quite well.  I manage my mums phone with it. But, in a couple of months I am already at 74 in the   blacklist - mainly because the scammers change the fake numbers all the time.

So, I assume when we hit 100 numbers we have to start deleting them? And then allowing scammers through again.

It would help enourmously if the BT Call Protect would block all these +1..... , and +2... numbers, or at least give an option to do it. The "international" button does not block these fake overseas/voip numbers! Why, oh why not?

Does anyone from BT actually read this forum? Would be useful to know  - even a quick "ack" would be good. else, we are all wasting our breath with venting on here ...

Rob.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 287 of 301

To add to the confusion some genuine UK firms use international numbers, John Lewis etc.

Unless these stop then even blocking international ones does not help.

0 Ratings
WoodbridgePete
Contributor
Message 288 of 301

@RobFletcherwrote:

Seems to work quite well.  I manage my mums phone with it. But, in a couple of months I am already at 74 in the   blacklist - mainly because the scammers change the fake numbers all the time.

So, I assume when we hit 100 numbers we have to start deleting them? And then allowing scammers through again.

It would help enourmously if the BT Call Protect would block all these +1..... , and +2... numbers, or at least give an option to do it. The "international" button does not block these fake overseas/voip numbers! Why, oh why not?

Does anyone from BT actually read this forum? Would be useful to know  - even a quick "ack" would be good. else, we are all wasting our breath with venting on here ...

Rob.

Perhaps BT should scan our blacklists and determine common numbers and add them to the  generic blacklist and delete them from ours, so freeing up a space in the 100 list we have.

WoodbridgePete
Contributor
Message 289 of 301

@Bob1001wrote:

To add to the confusion some genuine UK firms use international numbers, John Lewis etc.

Unless these stop then even blocking international ones does not help.

If by using international numbers affects their business, then they may change. (Hopefully)

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 290 of 301

The 100 is just not enough - just had to addd another number, so-called health survey with a London number.  Want your bank details to send stuff to keep you well. Scam on old people -  mum's 93 and would fall for this and not remember. 

You would have thought these fake London number scammers would already be in the BT blacklist - judging by the number of times people have searched for it (just ask google BT!!!). Some well in to the many thousands, and reported as varying scams from the same numbers. Some not nice at all, e.g. "We'll come and throw acid at you then!" etc ...

Rob.

0 Ratings