cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Cancelled my order without telling me and now wont help (now 15 days after due activation date)

Go to solution

Please help!??

On the 29th November I ordered a package upgrade to BT Infinity 1 from our previous BT unlimited (non fibre optic) package that was due to end on the 12/12/16. Everything seemed to be okay, our activatoin date was set as 07/12/16, we recieved our new Smart Hub as part of the order the day before. 

However after not having any communications to confirm activation by the 08/12/16 I decided to ring to enquire, to my amazement I was told that our order had been cancelled by BT as it became "stuck in their system" and they had taken it upon themselves to instead renew our old package without consulting me. Obviously we want to upgrade to faster internet so this was not a solution and I have repeatedly called customer services to try and get our original order processed, only to be transferrred time and time again with each occasion ending with a promise of a call the next day to get it sorted. However not once out of 4 expected times have these calls actually been recieved. A complaint was apparently "raised to the highest level" on the 10/10/16, however no contact has been made to us regarding this, and when asking about it I am told it is still just processing.

The original order was a black friday deal therefore I cannot simply set up a new order as this offer is no longer available online. On my most recent call on the 19/12/16 the customer advisor from the orders team tried to re-order our package but told me she was unable to do this due to an error on her screen, again she promised someone would call yesterday to sort this issue out, however here I am again without recieving any such promise. 

I am also encountering an error when clicking "see my personlised offer" on the website, so I am not sure whether maybe our account has been partially halted due to ongoing complaints, but I wouldnt know as not once has BT contacted me without me contacting them first, after all it was BT that cancelled my order without telling me in the first place.

It is now 21/12/16, 15 days after my internet activation was due, I would really be dissapointed if BT failed to sort this issue out before the new year, I have given up with phoning customer service and getting nowhere, 

Please Help!!??

If this is not sorted asap I will be taking my complaints to Ofcom, as the customer service recieved it simply unacceptable.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cancelled my order without telling me and now wont help (now 15 days after due activation dat

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

Its possible that there was no capacity left in the fibre cabinet.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Cancelled my order without telling me and now wont help (now 15 days after due activation dat

Go to solution

Hi @Hillman123 Sorry your order was cancelled and you have not been contacted back.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi John, 

Thanks for your reply, I have done and look forward to your reply to getting this sorted finally. Edited By Mod..

Thanks

0 Ratings