cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Classictrim
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Care Community or BTDon't Care Community - work it out for yourself

Not sure where to start, but this is a complaint about your service, or lack of it!

I run a small business and last February thought about moving my office home to spend more time with the family and this is when my nightmare experience with BT and Customer support started.

I placed a cll into BT to see if I could get a high speed connection at home, they advised not, even though I live in a densly populated area of Essex, so they offered me up to 20 Mg, they arranged and install date and even offered me a free trial and if I was not happy they would remove the service and everything seemed to going to plan - not so fast matey! The engineer turned up went again advising thqat I already had abox and it was working and that was that, I pluged in my PC and tested the speed, a wopping 2 Mg, I rang to complain about the qaulity of the line and was advised to wait 10 days, which I did, the speed never got any faster, and the funny thing is, is that I have a competior line installed for home hused and it's running a 3 times the speed BT could offer.

So I contacted Non Customer Suport and they offered, to my suprose BT Infinity, I advised them that the previous adviser said I could not have the service and was advised that it has only jst been intalled in your area, 10 days after my original install date - I am getting to the bill bit!

Another day of work and the engineer came again and then went, came back and went again and then came bakcand said everything is ready - amazing I thought as he was hardly in my property and never made a drill hole, I installed my modem and.........no signal, nothing...... I contacted BT Non Customer Support and was advised their was no booking for Infinity in the system, when I questioned why the engineer had visited they could not advise......... No at this point I thought shall I just give up as my office at home was not looking good, but you guessed it, I made the wrong decision and decided to give them another attempt, I ensured with the operator that if I was not happy I could have it all removed and they confirmed the original agreement stood - so arranged for another engineer to visit and took another day of work, now we are now in May and still no service and I am a business customer, I've registered complaints and been advised several times that I will be contacted, you have my email address, phone numbers and you could even come and visit me as you know where I live and where I trade.........

The engineer turned up fitted the Infinity and then went, since then, I have hardly used the service as it is not stable, I have written emails of complaint to Non Customer Service and had no responses, the lack of support is diabolical to say the least, nobody calls you back, if you dial about your bill you are sent to the Philipines, very nice I am sure, but I need to speak to a manager, my bill.... At last you are thinking, well, my bill used to be easy, a one bill account with mobile, Broadband and phone, easy, now I get 2 bills, wrong numers, charges for phones that no longer exists and the saga continues.

I have writted today once again as my phone is suspended due to non payment, even though I have received a bill stating I AM IN CREDIT.

There are loads of more issues I could advise but am losing the will to live as I sit here typing on the keypad. If you are reading this and run a small business, really take the time to consider what BT offer as a supplier.

Check my account forum moderators, don't respond via this message, do the right thing and pick up the phone and talk to someone to sort this issue out

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Care Community or BTDon't Care Community - work it out for yourself

this forum is for BT residential customers and as a business customer you need to post your problem/complaint on the business forum  http://business.forums.bt.com/   the mods on here can't help as you are a business client

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

this is a customer to customer self help forum no one here has any details on how to contact you and as this is a residential customer forum as you are a business customer you need to contact the business forum or business sales to resolve your problems
0 Ratings
Classictrim
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I'd rather watch paint dry than say thanks - oh and the point about business vs. customers, I am a customer of BT regardless that I operate a business.

I've almost given up the will to live, let alone send another waste of time email or contact some distant country to debate my account for hours that they clearly do not understand

Thanks all the same
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

You seem to have had really bad service or should I say lack of service from BT but you seem to be missing the point about this forum. It is not a BT forum as such. It is BT customer to BT customer who try to help each other who have problems with their BT products. They are not BT staff.

The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts. They work for the BT Retail Division not the BT Business Division hence the reason you were advised to post your complaint on the business forum where there may be somebody there who could help you.

As regards you rather "watch paint dry than say thanks" please keep in mind it was not a BT member of staff who was trying to be helpful he is just a customer like yourself!

toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@Classictrim wrote:
I'd rather watch paint dry than say thanks - oh and the point about business vs. customers, I am a customer of BT regardless that I operate a business.

I've almost given up the will to live, let alone send another waste of time email or contact some distant country to debate my account for hours that they clearly do not understand

Thanks all the same

How's the paint coming along, should be dry by nowSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@toekneem wrote:

@Classictrim wrote:

Thanks all the same

How's the paint coming along, should be dry by nowSmiley Wink

Looks as though it dried by the time the message was completed.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings