cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
verybadservice
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Care – having CARE in your name does not seem to reflect the service I have been given

BT Care – having CARE in your name does not seem to reflect the service I have been given - I have not had a stable broadband since January, despite calling every 2 weeks for 5 months – I am still at a download speed of 262 kbps – and that is a high today (we started the day at 59 kbps)

Here is typical week

2 may 78 kbps

3 may 105 kpbs

4 may 447 kbps

5 may 444 kbps

6 may 423 kbps

9 may 660 kbps

10 may 229 kbps

11 May BT Engineer Visit Line swapped and IP Profile reset 1340 kbps – not great speed but I can live with this

12 may 399 kbps after heavy rain

13 May - Now getting noise on the phone line and today’s low was 59 kbps with a signal to noise ratio of 6db on the router – currently getting 262 kbps

AFTER 5 MONTHS THIS PROBLEM IS STILL NOT RESOLVED – and here again I have spent 2 hours on the phone with BT starting all over again

We have had 3 new routers

22 spans of NEW Cable from the DP to the House (we are at the end of a line)

At least 10 Engineer Visits

A lift and shift at the exchange

Swapped line from the DP to the Exchange with another line

Line engineer booked for MONDAY to fix the new issue of crackle on the line (after it rained) – so BT Broadband can not work on the Broadband issue until the crackle on the line is fixed

AFTER 5 MONTHS - I want someone to call me that will OWN THE PROBLEM UNTIL RESOLUTION - I want a senior manager in the customer care team to OWN THIS ISSUE EVERY DAY - so that I do not need to spend 2 hours on the phone every 2 weeks (it takes 2 weeks to get the next appointment)

All I want is a stable connection of 1MB or above is that too much to ask - please please please can someone please HELP ME

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
verybadservice
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Care – having CARE in your name does not seem to reflect the service I have been given

We had BT call from the India Service Centre on Saturday afternoon – “Hello sir, just to let you know the engineers have completed the work at the exchange and everything should be fine now, your internet should be working just fine and the speed should be back up” – They called on my mobile and I was out, so I could not verify what she was saying.

When I got home I ran the Broadband SpeedTest -- NOTHING HAD CHANGED - why did they call me, why did they not run these tests.

Download Speed 279kbps

DSL Connection Rate 512 kbps

IP Profile 350 kbps

Monday morning – indeed we are back to regular service

Download speed 79 kbps

DSL Connection Rate 256 kbps

IP Profile 135 kbps

Looking at the router it has

• SYSTEM UP TIME of 3 days and 54 Minutes and a downstream of 256kbps (has not been down since I was asked to reboot the router)
  • SNR Downstream 11.4d
  • Line Attenuation 63.5 db (maximum the router will show)

In Summary

• 5 Months of elapsed time since I reported the speed issues
  • 22 new spans of overhead cable
  • 3 New Routers
  • New BT Box at the house
  • Swapped line from the DP to the Exchange
  • Lift and shift at the exchange
  • 10 Engineers (another due today)

We have broadband running at a download speed of 79kbps

Next house has no broadband

House next to that has similar speeds to us

What can we do to get BT to fix this - any help is very much appreciated - how do we get this escalated instead of starting a new call - is there no escalation procedure internally at BT ??

again not sure if the experts on this forum can help - but if you can any help is very welcome

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Re: BT Care – having CARE in your name does not seem to reflect the service I have been given

if you e-mail the moderators on forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your details and a link to this thread they are normally very good at getting things resolved, or if you have the facility a tweet to @BTCare normally works wonders too.

Please bear in mind that after work at an exchange it may still take two or three days for your IP profile to increase to a faster speed.  It looks like you have had a lot of help already but as the issue is likely to be on your line it would most probably be as bad if not worse with other providers, who would then need to contact BT to carry out work on your line anyway.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
verybadservice
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Thank you for your posting – the forum moderators have been in touch – but are unable to offer help until the results of the line engineer - the line engineer visited yesterday and fixed several  (His words) line faults - it looks as though this has fixed the noise issue on the replacement line and the B-RAS (if that is the right name) has been reset - we are getting speed of just over 1MB today - but will need a period of 3-4 days to evaluate if this is going to drop again. I really hope that the line engineer has fixed the issues and this speed of 1MB holds – but only time will tell.

notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

No worries, glad to help and nice to hear things sounds as though they're on the up

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
verybadservice
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Appalling Service, 8 months later and no resolution in sight

Since January we have been experiencing the same problem over and over again, with frequent line drops and speeds that vary from 0.09Mbs to 1.2Mbs, although the latter is rarley acheived. Despite many engineers visiting (Broadband and Line) during the last 8 months, despite a brief period where we were dealt with by a team of managers that said we will get the problem fixed, we are unable to obtain a stable connection for any length of time.

Last Thursday I called the call centre as yet again the connection had deteriated to 0.09Mbs, a connection rate of 192Kbs and an IP Profile of 135Kbs. Unusable speed... At the same time there was a crackle on the land line. - what changed - it rained, whenever the rain comes or dew or frost, or wind we loose any usable connection. You would think after 8 months this would be solved. I was promised a call back and have not yet received it. Einstein defines insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I have logged a formal complaint 110905-******, does anyone know how to log a complaint with the communication ombudsman, would writing to my MP help. Can I lodge a law suite against BT. I am out of options – there are no other providers in my area and even if there were they would have to use the same infrastructure. I do not want to go throughIndiaagain – nothing happens – what can I do

A very very very frustrated customer.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Re: Appalling Service, 8 months later and no resolution in sight

Hi verybadservice,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’ve had problems with the service. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
verybadservice
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Thanks David - any help is vey much welcome - I sent the details to

forum.moderation.team@bt.com

was this the right address?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi verybadservice,

You can send the details via this link .

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
verybadservice
Beginner