Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud Android App constantly paused

Go to solution

Hi there! I've installed BT Cloud's Android App on my Samsung Galaxy S4 a couple of weeks ago and set it to upload my pictures and video. It started doing just that and successfully upload 473 images to my BT Cloud account. However it then "paused" and has been paused ever since. Every now and then it flashes up in the notification panel "Transferring image 1 of 891" but when I look at the progress it is just paused.

I've tried stopping the app and re-starting it to no avail and looked at all of the settings and there seems to be nothing I can do to get it started again. It's been trying to transfer the same image for 2 weeks now and is getting rather irritating. Any suggestions out there from anyone?

Many thanks,

Ando

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud Android App constantly paused

Go to solution

Try uninstalling the app, restart the phone, then re install the app and see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340, I tried exactly that and it started uploading all the images again from the start and this time continued right up until 701 to go.

I now have exactly the same problem as before with it constantly pausing with 701 images to go. Any thoughts anyone?

I suppose I could try a re-installing again and see if it goes any further. Will post again after trying that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

The biggest issue with this is each time you have to re-upload the entire contents of your photos and videos because the app doesn't alow you to name the device the same and treats each installation of the BT Cloud app as a different device, so this is the 3rd copy I'm uploading to the cloud. Very frustrating.

It would be great if the app was able to give the same name and then only uploads the files that are missing or prompts to overwrite. Alas no, so I'm uploading my 1500+ images to the Cloud once more. Will let you know if this one successfully completes or not.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried splitting your images into batches of less than 700 to see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

3rd attempt also failed although this time it got to 133 images remaining.

This is just the image backup from the phone so BT Cloud searches for all photos and uploads them automatically so that as you take images they are automatically backed up. So I don't have the ability to split the upload into batches as its all done automatcially... unless you are able to suggest otherwise gg30340?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I don't actually use BT Cloud, I found it had too many glitches in it and didn't suit my needs so I was just making general suggestions to try and help you.

Sorry I don't have any further suggestions that could help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Bizzarely a couple of weeks ago it rectified itself. The app no longer pauses and all images are almost immediately backed up whenever I take a photo. I can only assume there's been an update to the app.

Thanks for your hellp all the same!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I've had a couple of pauses, waiting for network when I check in the notification top of screen. 

I just go into the app and it starts backing up again. 

0 Ratings