cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeToll
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud App (Android): Music Albums not displaying all the tracks &/or incorrect No. Of Tracks info

Go to solution

I’m seeing problems with the BT Cloud Android Apps handling of Albums and the Tracks/Songs within them.

I’ve backed up my PC’s music to the BT Cloud and I access the music from the BT Cloud using an Android Tablet.

The BT Cloud website shows my Songs, Albums & Tracks as they should be, but the Android BT Cloud App is showing mismatches between the “No. of Tracks” information and the number of tracks actually accessible via a given Album.

In one case an Album shows as “No. of tracks: 25”, but then when you select that Album it only displays one track when there should be all 25 displayed.

In another case an Album shows as “No. of tracks: 45”, but displays the correct 14 tracks when the Album is selected (ie. 45 is wrong, 14 is correct).

In most cases all is well, but it's a shame to have this niggle meaning you’re never really sure whether something really has been backed up successfully unless you go in and check from all angles and you can't play an Album properly if it's only offering you one of the Tracks from an Album.

Any help on getting it to behave properly, or acknowledgement of a problem, would be good.

Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
JoeV
Retired BT Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud App (Android): Music Albums not displaying all the tracks &/or incorrect No. Of Tra

Go to solution

Hi @MikeToll,

I suspect the issue you're having will be down to the metadata on your songs. The Android and iOS BT Cloud apps both use the file metadata to sort songs into Albums & Artists, and small differences can lead to the software not recognising songs as belonging to the same album.

As an example, in my music collection I have a whole bunch of R.E.M. songs. Some had the track artist listed as 'REM', and some as 'R.E.M.', and this would cause BT Cloud (and any other software that sorts songs by tags) to see the songs as two different artists (and therefore not belonging to the same album). Compilation albums can also pose an issue - in order for BT Cloud to correctly sort these, the 'Track Artist' field can be set to the correct artist name, but the 'Album Artist' would need to be set to something like 'Various Artists' for BT Cloud to be able to group the tracks into one album.

My advise would be to use some free software to sort through your music collection and correctly tag all your tracks. If you then upload the tracks to BT Cloud, you should find that BT Cloud for Android correctly sorts them into folders. I can't recommend specific software to you, but there's a good list of options here: https://lifehacker.com/5266613/six-best-mp3-tagging-tools

If you're sure that your tags are correct but you're still having issues then it's a problem I'd like to look into further. If you drop me an email at btcloud.support@bt.com then I will collect some additional info and work out what's going wrong.

Thanks,

Joe

MikeToll
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT Cloud App (Android): Music Albums not displaying all the tracks &/or incorrect No. Of Tra

Go to solution

Thanks Joe - that sounds very plausible and I'll check it out.

After I've edited tags, will BTCloud detect the changes and automatically back up the changed music such that the new improved music files would thereafter be accessed by the App automatically? 

Can I also acknowledge the great work you do on here. 

0 Ratings
JoeV
Retired BT Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Mike,

My advise would be to delete the music you currently have stored on BT Cloud, and then reupload the tidied up versions. If you just update the metadata then BT Cloud will sync the changes (and this should fix your problem), but it will add the updated files as new 'versions'. This means that the original versions with the bad metadata will still be on BT Cloud, which will result in it using up double your storage allowance.

Thanks,

Joe

MikeToll
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Joe - I've emailed you as suggested with my findings after amending the metadata, but I'll put my findings in here as well in case anyone else is following this thread...

Basically it looks like albums with more than one Artist Name upload to BT Cloud (web) successfully, but then Tracks are lost in displaying the Album via the Android Cloud App.
I.e. I can see the ‘missing’ Tracks via the Artists list and the Songs list, but not within their Album.

This primarily manifests itself with compilation Albums, but happens with ‘normal’ Albums if there’s more than one Artist credited.

Also note that a ‘missing’ Track will play from where it shows up in the Android Artist list, but not play from where it shows up in the Android Songs list.

What seems to happen is that the Track with the first (alphabetically) Artist shows up in the Android Album, along with any other Tracks on that Album with the same Artist name, but then no other Tracks are shown within the Album even though they appear in Artists and Songs lists.

I have got round it in the interim by setting the Track name to be the “%track% / %Artist%” and then set the Artist name to “Various Artists”.

0 Ratings