Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

BT Cloud Con .........

Go to solution

I just upgraded my Cloud storage from 5GB to 500GB at a cost of £9 / month (1st month free).

To do this, I had to agree to extend the contract for a further 12 months.

Then, I get an email from a nice lady called Libby Barr saying that they have renewed my contract for a further 18 months, not the 12 months I signed up for.

Not really sure whether BT are crooks or incompetent .............

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
DavidM
Message 2 of 20

Re: BT Cloud Con .........

Go to solution

Hi @Impgreene,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'd like to take a look at this for you just to make sure everything is in order. Can you send me over your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Hi David,

It would be great if you could help me, because;

1. I emailed BT's complaints email address and nobody has bothered to reply

2. I tried the online 'chat' but nobody was available to 'chat' for over 16 minutes

3. I called the customer service line but nobody was available to take the call and it wanted me to schedule a call back within an hour

Nobody that operates a telecoms service has this kind of shoddy customer service anymore ........

Regards,

Stephen

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Oh, and when I try to "Track your order", it returns an error message (presumable either the system is down or the order # is wrong).

Utterly pathetic.

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Success (not really!), I got through to someone on the 'chat' - who then transferred me to an actual person when they couldn't answer my questions!

Turns out they were processing my order and;

1. when it said online that the extra service would be available in minutes it meant 3 days

2. when the online legal agreement said they would extend my contract for 12 months, they had extended for 18 months

3. that this was "an error, you are right it does say 12 months online and we have renewed your agreement for 18 months"

4. "this is a known issue and we are working to sort it out"

5. that they would make a note, on the system that didn't work properly presumably, to state that the agreement was only 12 months and not 18 months, but they couldn't send out a confirmation that the agreement was only 12 months

6. in the end they agreed to email me to state my contract was only 12 months - let's see if it actually comes

Steer clear of BT, they can't even run their own systems properly, one can only guess what risk you have letting them look after your data.

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

To add add the cherry to the top of the incompetence cake, the moderator who asked me to contact him via private message told me when I did contact him that he couldn't help and I needed to to send an email via the online contact form (this being the one nobody had bothered to answer my previous email from).

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Woohoo - solved the problem - cancelled the BT Cloud storage.

Despite what they will try to do to stop you, you legally have 14 days to do this.

You also have to make sure that they also rescind the 12 month broadband contract extension that BT Cloud locked you into (or the 18 months contract depending on whether they have tried to con you too).

Good that they tried one last little con / fraud at the end by not cancelling the 12 month broadband contract extension associated with the BT Cloud I had just cancelled.

Dodgy dogy firm with extremely poor products.

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

BT Clould Con / Fraud - BEWARE

Go to solution

IF YOUR REALLY ARE CONSIDERING SIGNING UP FOR THE BT CLOUD PLEASE READ BELOW BEFOREHAND, THEN MAKE YOUR CHOICE ABOUT WHETHER TO TAKE YOUR CHANCES;

1. when it says the BT Cloud storage will be with you in a few minutes, it takes 3 days

2. when you agree online to extend your broadband contract by 12 months in return for signing up to the BT Cloud, they will extend your contract by 18 months (and tell you later in an email)

3. when you call them to ask why their email states your broadband contract has been extended by 18 months they will tell you it is a known problem (actually they won't, unless your really really prester them), but yes your contract has been extended by 18 months, not 12 as legally agreed

4. when you ask if they will reduce the 18 months to the (legally) agreed 12 months they will say they can't, but will put a 'note' on their system (presumably connected to the system that incorrectly signed you up for an 18 months contract) to say it should be 12 months, but they won't change the actual contract - don't worry though, you can trust them, what else has gone wrong?

5. they will agree to send you an email stating that your contract really should be 12 months - it will never come

6. then when you try to cancel BT Cloud, they will cancel the BT Cloud, but they will not cancel the 12 months of extended broadband contact - sorry, the 18 months of extended contract - unless you really really bug them (even though legally they have to, as you have a 14 day cooling off period)

7. they will agree to send you an email stating that your BT Cloud has been cancelled - it will never come

8. then when you look at your broadband usage limit you will find that they have actually charged your limit for the data you have uploaded to the BT Cloud, despite BT stating online (and you having checked before ordering) that;

"No, BT Cloud doesn't count towards broadband usage. Which means you can back-up, upload and download as much of your stuff as your BT Cloud storage capacity allows, without going over your broadband usage ..."

9. they will then try to argue that only "vision box" and "youview box" are outside of the usage limits, and that you have gone over your usage limits for uploading photos and 'files' to the BT Cloud - so you can't upload 'files' to the BT Cloud, despite what it says (why would you want to upload 'files' to a file back-up service anyway!)

10. then they will tell you that on the day you tried to upload lots of data to the BT Cloud, someone must have used your wireless password to use your data limit - only on that day though, and with the random password they gave you that nobody knows (including yourself, because you can't remember a password like that) - not on any other day, it just happened to be the one day in all the years you have been with BT that someone hacked your broadband

After 2 days of dealing with BT and educating them on what their online contracts say, what your statutory cancellation rights are, and what the terms of their services are you will end up in a position where they promise you will have no further issues and you won't be billed.

You know they will though, they are definitely going to try to bill you for something, most probably the BT Cloud upload that they shouldn't have charged against your limit - that's the easiest con they have left ..........

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Re: BT Clould Con / Fraud - BEWARE

Go to solution

Apologies, I missed out two items;

1. when you post online you will be contacted by a 'moderator' who will ask you to send them a 'private message' and will say that they will help you with the problem - when you do 'private message' the 'moderator' the first thing they will tell you is that they can't help you and you need to use the online contact form - this will be the same contact form you have already used and BT didn't bother to reply to

2. when you try to upload your files to BT Cloud, it will stall 10% of the way through, say (something along the lines of) "Failed to upload file", this will cause the whole upload process to stop and you won't be able to get past this point. Don't worry though, because BT has provided absolutely no diagnostics within the software so there is absolutely no way of finding out which file has failed and why this has caused the whole system to collapse

Sorry, I missed a few minor incompetences on BT's behalf, there have been so many ...........

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

Re: BT Clould Con / Fraud - BEWARE

Go to solution

@Impgreene wrote:

Apologies, I missed out two items;

- this will be the same contact form you have already used and BT didn't bother to reply to

Its not the same contact form as it only goes to the moderators. It asks you for your forum user name.

You will get a reply when you reach the top of the queue.