Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Clould Con / Fraud - BEWARE

Go to solution
Sure they will, just like the contact form that I filled in days ago that BT haven't replied to, or the other 2 emails BT promised to send but never did.

I can believe they are supposed to though.

But thanks for you reply, it's nice that you picked on half of one of my 12 points to right a not particularly politely worded response to - after all, it's not like you can tell that BT has wasted days of my life dealing with this.

Feel free to respond substantively on any of the other points.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

I am just a BT customer.

The mods do respond within 5-7 working days at the moment.

I will try to locate your thread where you contacted the mods, and will add this to it, to maintain continuity.

(done)

I see you contacted them on the 9th March, so you should hear from them  by the 16th.

I see you have cancelled BT Cloud anyway, so I cannot see how they can help at this point?

If you have any other issues, then its best to take them up with the moderator, as there is nothing that forum members can do to help.

Impgreene
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Re: BT Cloud Con .........

Go to solution
If you are just a BT customer you should be more sympathetic.

My point was rather that I outlined a long series of serious issues with BT and you decide to berate me over one of the more minor points.

I wasn't looking for help, I just thought you might like to comment on one of the serious and substantial points.
0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution
Also, I have 14 days to cancel the service - it took 3 days to get the service, and 5-7 days to get a response potentially leaves me at 10 days (yes, the time it takes them to set the service up really is counted in your cooling off period).

That's cutting it very fine if you try to then cancel a service when BT doesn't respond to complaints and attempts to do everything they can to make it as difficult as possible to cancel.

When I called to cancel I literally had to state that I had a legal right to cancel 4/5 times before they actually gave up and cancelled the service.
0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution
There is also some very simple maths

total cost of Microsoft Office 365 with 1 terabyte of storage < the cost of half that storage with BT with no Microsoft Office 365

I am just annoyed I trusted BT and was actually willing to pay for something I could get elsewhere for free as I thought BT Cloud would work more easily with my data limits.

Really it's just an utter con, not just the product, but every part of the process.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

@Impgreene wrote:

1. when you post online you will be contacted by a 'moderator' who will ask you to send them a 'private message' and will say that they will help you with the problem - when you do 'private message' the 'moderator' the first thing they will tell you is that they can't help you and you need to use the online contact form - this will be the same contact form you have already used and BT didn't bother to reply to

Incorrect 

I suggest you re read the moderators instruction as it does not say to Private message them 

Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

Also the contact form their link  goes to ONLY  goes to the Forum Moderation Team and no other part of BT
if you look carefully at the form it asks for your forum user name unlike other  similar contact forms on the BT.com website 

Impgreene
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

COMPLETE CROOKS

So, to follow up on my final comments that BT categorically stated they would not bill me for the cancelled Cloud storage.

Guess what, they billed me!  After all the hassle and assurances, the crooks billed me!

Then, when they said they would refund me;

1. they can't do it for this billing period (so they have to charge me their incorrect charge and refund me in 3 months time on the next bill); and

2. they couldn't send me an email to say this is what will happen, or to confirm that the Cloud storage is cancelled as apparently they can't / won't send emails to customers.

I had thought they were just incompletent, but now I know they are just a completely crooked organisation that rips off customers.

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Guess what, I waited the 3 months for my next bill and NO REFUND.

BT are either utterly incompetent (beyond belief to be honest) or complete crooks.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Impgreene

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry that you haven't received the refund.  We are very busy at the moment and it would take us a few days to get back to you so can I suggest having a word with our "billing live chat team"

Let me know how you get on speaking with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Impgreene
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

I'm afraid as you can see from the sorry story above, contacting Customer Service had done absolutely no good as I have done this numerous times and each time they 1. lie and say everything has been sorted out; and 2. refuse to send an email confirming what has been agreed.

So, on the basis that BT Customer Service are either utterly incompetent or deliberately obstructuve when it comes to giving customer's their money back I have writtent to complain.

Sad that this will probably end up in me needing to do to the Ombudsman when BT are quite clearly in breach of their statutory responsibilities (i.e. I cancelled within the cooling off period and I am quite obviously entitled to the refund, which even their Customer Services agreed).

Dodgy firm.

0 Ratings