cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud Crashes On Mac

Go to solution

I have BT Cloud version 17.1.7.9 installed on my MacBook Pro running High Sierra.  On the dashboard, the Transfers tab has an exclamation mark against it, and when I click it the app crashes.  Any idea how to fix?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud Crashes On Mac

Go to solution

Hi @ploppy is it possible for you to uninstall then reinstall the BT Cloud app on your MacBook? I've seen a few posts previously were this has resolved similar problems. Post back and let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, that worked.  I used the Uninstall command on the menu bar icon - assuming that it did more than just trashing the app.  Anyway, after an initial glitch where it was stuck on "Gathering account information" forever, and having to restart the app,  it is now OK.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@ploppy great, I'm glad that worked for you Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

I too have same problem. 2015 macbook pro trying to backup 100gb 3500 FLAC music files to BT Cloud. After about 200 files and/or 90 or so minutes it just stops. A quit amd restart of the BT cloud app starts again for another cycle with same result.

However I have a workaroud for me that works.

I have created 2 custom workflow apps using automator - 1 to Start BT Cloud and the other to Quit BT Cloud. I then use iCal to schedule an hourly run of the Quit BT Cloud workflow app followed 1 minute later by the Start BT Cloud workflow app. You need to use an On My Mac calendar. Works like a treat.

Not ideal, but works for me.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm getting the same problem on my iMac. BT Cloud uploads files for a period, then halts. The quit command dosen't work & the application doesn't respond to any inputs. The only way to get it going is a force shutdown, re-start, then sync music etc.

It has taken weeks to upload 800/2500 music tracks due to BT Cloud crashing.

Help, please!!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I have the same problem... files start to upload for a while then stalls... a restart gets things going again, and then another stall. Let's be fair - this isn't usable and quite disappointing - I'm going back to DropBox (that works).

0 Ratings