cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud Desktop App Causing Debug Assertion Fail

Go to solution

Since installing the Desktop App whenever I use File Explorer I get a C++ Runtime Library Error:

BT Error.png

Any ideas? I've unistalled and reinstalled several times and no luck!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud Desktop App Causing Debug Assertion Fail

Go to solution

Me too

I will be interested to know how to fix it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

BT isn't likely to help much. So far it has been silent on all BT Cloud problems since the "upgrade" – beyond the occasional message that has been no help in fixing my problems – so you might want to go out and do a wider search for those errors.

One thought is that you could try reinstalling or repairing the Microsoft visual C++ runtime library.

Here are some messages on the topic, but Google shows many many more.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error message - Microsoft Community

How to remove and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Ne...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I've got the exact same error as you and it only happened after I "upgraded" their App. As a result I've been trying to speak to someone from BT all morning about it, you just can't get through, when you do speak to someone you just get put back on hold before being cut off.

I suspect they are getting a lot of calls about it.

For the time being I've uninstalled the App and backed my files up on two Flash Drives as an interim measure, but it's just not good enough really.

Let's hope they sort this and admit they've seriously messed up by not testing it properly!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem.  Also BT Cloud keeps corrupting file explorer and creating many entries of 'Documents' in the LH window.  Only solution I have found is to close BT Cloud temporarily.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Just received a BT Cloud update which having installed appears to have fixed the problem!

0 Ratings