cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capitol1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud - How Does it Work?

Hi, quick query about how cloud storage is supposed to work. When I amend files or create new ones on my PC the corresponding files on my BT cloud website update no problem.

If I delete a file on my PC ( for example an excel file in my documents) it remains in "my documents" on the website and doesn't move to deleted items unless I log in and do it manually. I know you have to manually empty the trash to get rid of it completely but how does it get in there in the first place.

Thanks in advance

Pete

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - How Does it Work?

Hi Pete,

It looks like on a Windows PC, if you delete a file that's in one of the folders marked for 'Backup' then the deletion isn't automatically synced to BT Cloud. This doesn't really cause me a problem, as I have 500GB of free storage and I can see the use in having backups of my old files (they can be manually deleted using the web interface).

I have noticed that the 'BT Cloud' folder on my PC does sync deletions across (so if I add a file to the BT Cloud folder and then delete it, it will automatically move to 'Deleted Items' on the web interface). I therefore keep a small number of files that I work with and then delete reguarlly in a subfolder within the main BT Cloud folder.

Confusingly - on a Mac it seems like all backed up folders work like the 'BT Cloud' folder on Windows PCs (so if on my Mac I delete something from the 'Documents' folder then the deletion is automatically applied to BT Cloud).

Hope this helps!

Joe 

0 Ratings
capitol1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - How Does it Work?

Thanks Joe, I'll try what you suggest in paragraph 2.

Pete

0 Ratings