cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stbiggles
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud - Is this the most user hostile cloud storage ever??

OK so after several weeks of trying I finally managed to get my Cloud account activated. Ran a backup of my music. 55Gb took over 24 hours to load on BT Infinity. Now when I open my BT cloud folder in explorer, no backup shows. Go to the web sign in and get some nice album cover pictures and the screen hangs with two spinning donuts.  Can't access the files in the cloud via the PC app. I have used several cloud storage services in the past and this has to be the worst yet.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud - Is this the most user hostile cloud storage ever??

Hi @stbiggles and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems using the Cloud. When uploading are you using wired or wireless connection? Are you able to post screen shots of what you're seeing? If you can give us as much detail as possible we'll do our best to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
stbiggles
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi David,

Using wi-fi via BT infinity. Speed check showed around 30Mb. UI for BT Cloud is just infuriating. Why not just have a folder tree and choose which folders synch to the PC, access the whole thing through Explorer? I have used many cloud based storage/backup systems in the past and this has to be the most unfriendly yet. I have no files at all in Cloud at the moment and when I run the app on my PC I get the BT Cloud window with the top menu bar, completely blank below that and it hangs.

0 Ratings
oldchap
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I'm also having lots of problems managing my storage. Fortunately I'm nowhere near the limit, but photos keep getting duplicated on the cloud - I delete but they come straight back (and I have deleted on my device).

To make it easier I'd like to be able to sort the files (by date) but there doesn't seem to be an option, and there's nothing in help.

The old version of cloud was actually better!

0 Ratings