cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud Log In problem - going round in circles!

Can anyone help?

Decided to set up BT Cloud but going round in circles trying to log in! 

Have downloaded programme onto my laptop but when I try to log in from there it tells me I need to log into MyBT.  Which I then do but no link for BTCloud other than to download the software again ... which I have done twice now.  I've also rebooted but still the same.  Just want to set it up to automatically back up some files.  Any ideas?  I'm getting logged into MyBT OK so my log in details are fine.

I did try online Chat but they just called me then said they would transfer me to the BT Cloud team and I sat for 50 minutes in a queue until I could wait no longer.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud Log In problem - going round in circles!

@G41 wrote:

Can anyone help?

Decided to set up BT Cloud but going round in circles trying to log in!

Does this discussion seem familiar?

BT Cloud won't Log In - BTCare Community Forums

I reported the same issue a week or so ago. There has still been no answer to that question or to similar complaints from other users.

I was invited to "Contact a mod" with details of the issue, but have yet to hear back.

If you look around here at recent messages you will see that BT's new cloud system has caused lots of grief.

That is probably why you got not response when you tried to contact the BT Cloud team. It is too busy dealing with the mess that the new system has created.

In the meantime, best find an alternative place to backup those files.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

This new version of BT cloud is awful. Prior to the update all the files I had backed up where easily accessible on various devices and sorted into albums and folders. Now I am struggling to find anything and only have access to about 10 photo albums.

Is this going to be sorted out anytime soon BT? as I for one am getting fed up and frustrated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Do you ever see this?

BTCloudlogin.jpg

I have never managed to get any further.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi.  Yes, that's exactly what I saw.  I opened the BT Cloud on my laptop, logged in there when prompted and then got exactly the same prompt as above asking me to log in at MyBT.  I did try several times but logging in at MyBT didn't get me into BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 9

Can't agree more. I've had BT Cloud app on my Vista PC. Worked fine. The new version (which claimed it would check the PC before downloading) doesn't actually work on Vista. The 'dedicated BT Cloud helpline' suggested (after waiting 55 minutes on the phone) - 'you can easily get it on btcloud/bt webpage'. Said 'thanks' - hung up. Tried. Get the message 'not compatible with Vista'.

This really is rubbish. Can I please have the old system back?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

A question for those stuck in the "closed loop", are you using an email address @btinternet.com as your login username?

I am not and wondered if that might be why BT Cloud will not let me in.

We have already ruled out the possibility that it refuses to let in non-BT modems. (The cloud has also blocked people with a Homehub.) But in the absence of any explanation or solution for an issue that was reported to BT within days of the new "improved" cloud going live.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Yes, I log in using my email address which ends btinternet.com.  It does say on the log in "this is usually your email address" so you would think it should work.  It seems to recognise it as correct because if I try to log in leaving the btinternet.com part off instead of the "Please login to MyBT portal to use Cloud Service" message I get a "System error:  Please try again later" message.

Still going round in a circle.  Tried again to log in from BT account but that takes me to this page https://www.btcloud.bt.com/web/app/public/error?errorCode=900302 with the now familiar error message
"Please login to MyBT portal to use Cloud Service".

And I have tried using in both Firefox and Chrome.  

I'm using the new BT SmartHub to connect wirelessly to my laptop.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

So even if you have everything BT – modem and email address – you can still end up in this closed loop.

Thanks for that confirmation.

I was asked to "contact a mod" two weeks ago. Sadly, the promise that they hope to get back withing 48 hours proves to be bogus.

Since then, even the Android apps have given up the ghost. So, BTCloud is completely inaccessible.

0 Ratings