cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShayDerbyshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud Login issue

After weeks of BT Cloud problems it was looking like things were getting sorted, until today.

Up until 1 hour ago I was able to login to the BT Cloud Website, however it now tells me my password is wrong, which it isn't because I can login to My BT with it and it's the same one. I even use an encrypted database that automatically types my password in so I know for a fact it is correct (I did type it manually as well).

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it, I'm sure there will be loads of you out there that have, if so what did you have to do?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Dode
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud Login issue

Yip! Exactly the same.

0 Ratings
turbell
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Me aswell, new app wouldn't update until today, now updated but can't log in on Laptop or phone.

Desktop icon didn't actually take you to the cloud anyway like before just a crappy list of files or something...what a pile of .........

0 Ratings
turbell
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Can't log on either, on newly downloaded app or on PC

0 Ratings
ShayDerbyshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I've checked mine again this morning and it's still the same. I tried clearing my browser history, cache, and cookies, then I rebooted the PC, all pointless.

I'm looking at other Cloud options now because BT can't be trusted anymore. How can you have faith in a product as bad as this and trust it with your irreplaceable files!

BT should compensate the many thousands of customers who were promised this service but are unable to use it. They are in breach of contract, we are all paying for something they are not providing, and worse still, they are not even acknowledging how bad the issues are.

0 Ratings
Dode
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

I suspect the 'experts' have been twiddling with things to try a fix the many problems it has and have broken something else.Man Sad

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

You couldn't make this up.

I have not been able to login since the "upgrade". I got locked into closed loop of login prompts. (There are a couple of separate discussion on this.) 

Until recently, though, there were no obvious suggestions that I was getting it wrong. Just the closed loop with this popping up:

BTCloudlogin.jpg

Seeing this discussion, I tried to login to see if the "fix" that others see had mended my access. (Stranger things have happened.)

Certainly something has changed. The closed loop has now given way to the message:

Please check you entered your username and password correctly and try again. If you need help remembering your username or password you can use the links below.

Like other users, I have the same login details for BTCloud as for MyBT. And I can still get into myBT.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

@ShayDerbyshire wrote:

How can you have faith in a product as bad as this and trust it with your irreplaceable files!

It isn't a wise move to use anyone's cloud for irreplaceable files. I use it for the third copy of local data, and for remote access to local files.

For example, I use the cloud for files that I need when I am working away from the office and I don't want to carry portable drives.

Of course, this latter function also requires a reliable service. In my case OneDrive and Google Drive are way better than BTCloud because they can integrate with other software through APIs that other programs can plug into.

At the moment, I use BTCloud as a source of entertainment.

0 Ratings
Dode
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Well it would appear that whatever "twiddling" the 'experts' have been doing has fixed it, at least for now.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Some progress.

BTCloud no longer rejects my password.

No more:

Please check you entered your username and password correctly and try again. If you need help remembering your username or password you can use the links below.

Sadly, I still can't get in.

PS I keep reporting this stuff so that whoever, if anyone, is monitoring this place on BT's behalf knows what is going on. They don't show any sign of paying attention, so we just have to keep up the flow of feedback.

0 Ratings