cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud PIN Issues

Having a frustrating time here, and trying, but mostly failing to be positive about a change I did not ask for.

So I've played ball and asked for a Cloud PIN (err why? It's BT offering it me in the first place, and BT has all my account info already!)

Nevertheless the letter arrived yesterday, no hints about PIN expiry. I try to set it up today and it fails.

Firstly telling me the PIN has expired and/or is incorrect (no, I can get 4 digits right) then eventually telling me I need to wait 24 hours before I can try again due to incorrect attempts. Brilliant.

So, simple questions, hoping this will not turn into an epic (that's after spending 10 pointless minutes on the phone when I was called over this one)

-Does the PIN have a validity period, if so how long, and does it take into account the tragically pathetic service offered by the Royal Mail?

-If I try again in 24 hours or so, and it still fails, what do I do next?

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud PIN Issues

Hi Numb3r6,

Thanks for posting. I can check this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Many thanks for that, DavidM, I've used the form to provide the requested info. Btw I tried once more today and still getting invalid PIN response
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

yeah same here mate
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

If you are having problems with the Cloud, suggest you phone 0800 500 3114 where there is a person who will be able to assist you (I hope)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Updates...

Even though I have not been able to reach a webpage where I could request a new PIN, a PIN letter arrived in the post 20 minutes ago. I duly tried to log on to www.bt.com/mypin, logon accepted,  but instead of taking me to a page where I could enter a PIN, it immediately went to the error "you have exceeded your incorrect attempts limit. please try again in 24hrs". Puzzled.

Called the suggested number (not the one I called yesterday as per the details in the PIN letter(s)) After a lengthy hold I spoke to someone and explained what has happened. Eventually I was able to get the point over that I was still getting an error, even though I had not had the chance to actually input the PIN.

On providing my PIN and account info, the person then confirmed my PIN was actually active, and the suggestion is that the premature error is based on my old PIN issues, and to try once more, with new PIN in 24 hours.

I'm expecting a reasonable hangover in 24 hours time, as I'm on a stag night tonight, so I really hope I don't have to get on the phone again tomorrow Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

And with a fanfare of success, I'm in.

The 2nd PIN that arrived worked ok and I've now started setup on my devices.

Fair play to BT for whatever actions took place behind the scenes to issue a new PIN that the system was happy with.

The only suggestion I would offer is that as this seems to have been a widespread issue, as reported by other customers, and confirmed by the folks I spoke to - it could save time and frustration to add some advice to the login page, letting customers know what the problem might be.

0 Ratings