Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeV
Retired BT Expert
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud: Problems with emptying folders from Deleted Items

Go to solution

Hi all,

As a couple of you have posted, there's currently a problem with BT Cloud where some customers are unable to empty their Deleted Items folder when a specific set of criteria are met. Most people won't be impacted by this issue, but it's clearly very annoying for those that are.

We're going to fix the problem by making some changes to the software that powers our BT CLoud service. Our software engineers are currently testing the changes, and we're expecting to deploy the upgrade on 25th July. It's possible this date may change if we uncover any issues with our testing, but I'll keep you posted on here.

Don't want to wait?

If you need to delete some content from BT Cloud before we fix the problem, there is a way to do that using our mobile apps (for iOS and Android). Our mobile apps include the ability to permanently delete content without sending it to the Deleted Items bin first, so you can just delete it straight from the mobile apps.

Please accept my apologies for this irritating issue - I'll post back here one it's resolved.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
JoeV
Retired BT Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud: Problems with emptying folders from Deleted Items

Go to solution

Hi all,

To confirm, we made the planned website upgrades this morning, and the problems with emptying deleted items should now be resolved.

Thanks,

Joe

ellanvannin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi JoeV

I've just tried deleting all my files & folders from the deleted items and it is still not working.  The "please wait" whirled around for a long time but nothing at all was deleted.  I've also tried deleting one folder and "please wait" is whirling away (about 30 minutes by now) with nothing happening.  Even single files won't delete now and that wasn't a problem before.

Back to the drawing board maybe?

Kaye

0 Ratings
ellanvannin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks so much JoeV.  For the first time EVER my deleted files section of BT Cloud is EMPTY!  It previously was using half of my allowance; it's sad how happy this has made me feel.  They didn't delete straight away or every time I tried but the folders did eventually delete and with perseverence so did the individual files despite a few error messages along the way.

0 Ratings
mcdowellj07
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
I can confirm that the problem has been solved for me
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @ellanvannin and @mcdowellj07 for letting us know this is fixed and a big thanks to @JoeV for all the help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MikeToll
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Not resolved for me - I'm still experiencing this problem - ie clicking on the pink "Empty Deleted Items" button has no visible effect.
0 Ratings
Edward2
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I have only just found this forum but have had this problem for a while now and still have it.  I have the BT Cloud app for Android but can't get to the deleted items folder there.  Please advise.

0 Ratings
Edward2
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Sorry, I don't know what happened but I just went back to it and it's worked. I was using Windows 10 previously but now used Firefox if that makes any difference.
0 Ratings