cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShayDerbyshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Cloud - Recent downgrade!

BT Cloud was recently ‘upgraded’, or ‘downgraded’ as is a more accurate description. It’s gone from something I was able to trust, leaving it to happily work away in the background without any issues, to something that is now totally unusable.

The so called ‘upgrade’ introduced a bug into File Explorer, if I right click a folder, not only does it crash, I get this:

Debug Assertion Failed!

C:\program files\BT Cloud\BT Cloud\x64\Sncr.ContextMenus.dll

File: f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\misc\dbheap.c

Line 1414

Expression:_pLastBlock==pHead

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

On top of this:

• My Cloud files are no longer easily navigable
  • The files on my PC are no longer being backed up
  • Accessing my Cloud files from another device only presents a tiny percentage of them
  • The BT Cloud App appears to have been replaced with a shortcut to a folder within File Explorer, and it contains less than one percent of my backup
  • Accessing BT Cloud online still shows I’ve used over 30gb of data, but where it is I have no idea

As a result of this I tried contacting BT, but after half a day of waiting in a queue only to be put back into the queue after getting through or simply being cut off I gave up, uninstalled the App, and made offline copies of all of my files using Flash Drives as an alternative.

File Explorer no longer crashes or produces the error message because I’ve got rid of the App, but BT are getting away with saying I have 500gb of Cloud Storage, when in fact I have none.

Is anyone else experiencing this same level of appalling service?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
DavidM
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Cloud - Recent downgrade!

Hi @ShayDerbyshire and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the cloud. Can you drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
ShayDerbyshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi David

I have emailed as you suggest and await a solution.

Thanks

Shay

0 Ratings
Oldman2
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Re: BT Cloud - Recent upgrade!

The so called ‘upgrade’ has introduced a bug into Windows10 File Explorer, if I right click a folder I get this:

Debug Assertion Failed!

C:\program files\BT Cloud\BT Cloud\x64\Sncr.ContextMenus.dll

File: f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\misc\dbheap.c

Line 1414

Expression:_pLastBlock==pHead

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @ShayDerbyshire and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the cloud. Can you drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

@DavidM I know you mean well but I've done this at your request so have loads of others but then we hear nothing, whats the point, it just gioves false hope that somone is actually doing something?

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

@doleawg wrote:

@DavidM I know you mean well but I've done this at your request so have loads of others but then we hear nothing, whats the point, it just gioves false hope that somone is actually doing something?

It is a stalling tactic. The promised 48-hour response time is a joke. I have been waiting for two weeks or more since I supplied details of my inability to even sign into BTCloud.

The time has come for a different bit of boilerplate text to answer these complaints.

0 Ratings
ShayDerbyshire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Well, no surprise but I've had absolutely no response to my email. Let's face it, BT Cloud is seriously flawed and BT are not going to fix it. My contract is ending soon, so guess what I'll be doing!

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Space along for about 3 or 4 times using next topic, you should come to a topic reference BT Cloud Update what have you done.

Small consolation is you are not alone, the topic is on its 37th page and seems to be the most subscribed topic by a long way.

0 Ratings