Message 11 of 20

Re: BT Cloud: Unknown Error on large files

Thanks Joe, will sign up for beta version now 

0 Ratings
Jeannie
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

Please may I beta test the Mac software as unable to move large files to Cloud from MacBook Air

0 Ratings
JoeV
Retired BT Expert
Message 13 of 20

Hi @Jeannie,

You can! Our programmers are currently working on a new beta version, as we identified some issues with the current one. I've added you to our distribution list, so you should get an email when it's ready to download.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Ratings
Mark_Shephard
Beginner
Message 14 of 20

I too am experiencing the same issues trying to upload files larger than a couple of gigabytes.  Might I be added to your beta list too, please?

0 Ratings
JoeV
Retired BT Expert
Message 15 of 20

Hi all,

We've now sent out invites to the latest build of BT Cloud for Mac, which should address the issues you've been seeing. If you've posted in this thread then you should have an invite in your inboxes (the email address you used to register with this forum).

If you don't see the invite then please let me know by posting here. There are instructions in the email on what to do if you notice a bug or issue with the beta software.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Ratings
mikejb4
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Is a solution for this available.  I have just start using a Macbook and am tryimg to sync files. The error 'Unknown Error' happens and some downloaded files have a suffix of .bcdownload.

OS is 10.12.6

0 Ratings
martinc21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

I have had this problem for ever!

If there is a version that actually completes a large file upload without an error, I would be very greatful.

I have used sierra and high sierra - now using developers beta 10.13.2 and it's never worked with any version.

thanks.

0 Ratings
-MONKEY-
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

Same problem here too!!! Every time I try to sync a 4.1GB video file it (most annoyingly!) goes right through to the end and then starts all over again.

I see this problem has been affecting users for a long time now.  Why oh why oh why doesn't someone capable get properly on the case and sort this out???

We are paying no small sums for this included BT Cloud 'service' and are entitled to it working as advertised.  This is NOT a problem with my machine, nor my internet connection etc etc.  It is a serious issue at BT's end, and their responsibility.  It should be fixed and thoroughly tested by them before wasting anyone else's time with pointless questions about their setup.

Man Frustrated

0 Ratings
-MONKEY-
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

To add, FWIW, my own setup is:-

MacBook Pro; OS X 10.11.6; WiFi & Ethernet connections (tried with either) to BT Infinity 2 (via BT Smart Hub); BT Cloud app for Mac, v. 17.1.7.9 (latest as I write).  

Uploads to BT Cloud never complete for a file >4GB. All looks to be going fine until the file size counter hits 4.1GB.  The sync then stalls and eventually goes back round the loop to try again (... and again... ).  No helpful/meaningful errors show up.

I have however managed to upload a ~800MB file, along with several smaller files, successfully.  

Also, the Cloud app often shows Connection Lost errors in the Transfers tab, irrrespective of whatever sized file is being synced at the time.  Even when this error does not occur, the large file never completes upload - no trace of the file ever shows up on the Cloud side.  

A few app hangs too, needing a Force Quit each time.  All in all, not what I'd expect coming from a giant company like BT!

My Mac and its internet setup work fine for everything else I do on it, just not the BT Cloud.  The web app is limited to files <1GB so no help with the larger file uploading issue.

I trust the BT team have use of at least a Mac or two there, so I'd be most interested to know what setup exactly is working for them during their extensive testing of the syncing.

0 Ratings
powellj3
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

I've rather given up on the Mac version and now sync my Mac photos and videos to my PC and backup from there.

incidentally, after a reboot Google drive soaks up a huge amount of processor for many minutes before it decides it is in sync.  BT Cloud handling nearly the same number of files settles down in no time at all.  Much less fuss.

its just a shame that the Mac version won't work as well as the PC version.

0 Ratings