cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Cloud Unresponsive

Simply pointing out:

a) there are tools you can use to debug the issue locally.

b) that you can save your time and energy and not support software that doesn't work reliably.

c) BT's business in no way depends on their cloud app and they don't have direct support for it.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

MrZip,

a) you have not suggested any tools to debug the issue, locally or not.  Nor have you indicated how the problem could be debugged!

b) Since the feature is bundled with Infinity2, the only way to "unsupport" it would be to cease using BT as an ISP, which isn't really an option at present

c) BT do have a "Cloud support team" as some of the other responses on this forum confirm

Do you actually have any POSITIVE suggestions?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

The first post suggested tools you could use if you wanted to invest the time. I would start with Wireshark or MSFT Message Analyzer.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

MrZipf2,

if you had read MY first post you would have realised that the BT Cloud Desktop App wasn't responding at all, no action, no messaging.  Indeed, even basic Windows Task Manager showed it consuming no CPU time and not even appearing in the Resource Manager as a resource utilising application at all. So neither Wireshark non any Message Analyser would have offered any debugging assistance as there were no messages to analyse.

Since uninstalling the Desktop App, rebooting the PC and then reinstalling the app, it is possible that those tools would detect something but, since it appears to be functioning as expected now, that wouldn't be any help at all, would it?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

This is getting very bizarre indeed ! As I said I uploaded 55gb of data from a dropbox folder to BT Cloud using my MAC Mini. I have downloaded the BT Cloud app and when I log in this shows only a few of the folders.

If I log in on my iphone or ipad using the apps the same folders appear. If I log on using the browser log on this shows very few of the folders and certasinly not 55gb worth of data.

I logged into my BT Cloud account from a Windows 9 computer at my business partner's house and there it was the whole of the dropbox copied folders , all 55gbs worth in the BT Cloud account. I returned home to check my MAC Mini and the results are the same as it is on my iphome & ipad.

i can access the folders via the finder and can see all the files on my computer in the BT cloud folder.

Why does everything not sync across all devices ? I am confuesd.

It still doesnt explain why my Dropbox account refuses to sync and the OneDrive acount has only uploaded 3gb out of 55gb after 4 days of trying ?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

and another thing the BT VCloud app keeps crashing as does the browser log in to BT Cloud

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 17

Hi Marbella,

For the issue of different machines showing different files in the BT Cloud, could this be a local cache issue?  Have you tried flushing the browser caches to ensure that they are actually showing the most recent information on what is actually available on the cloud servers.

I have had problems with the Desktop app crashing in one way or another, which is what kicked off this thread.  So far, that has been fixable by uninstalling then reinstalling the app and then restarting the backup.  I don't think an app that keeps crashing or stopping can be considered as a reliable backup process, just a means of transferring files into the cloud storage.

0 Ratings