cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 111 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Thanks but still the same error.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 112 of 651

God the resync process is torture. It does it one file at a time rather than 4 or 5 and making sure it is maximising bandwidth, or at least give the option....65Gb to go.....

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 113 of 651

@doleawg I don't use sync, only back up and I've turned smart folders off, it's nearly as bad as Google photos trying to organise my photo's.
0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 114 of 651

@peter7769 Same here, just want auto sync of folders I set to back up. Hate that 'sync' turns on automatically unless you turn it off, cheap IT trick.

0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 115 of 651

Fool that I am, I tried once again to install the new app on the windows phone. This started five hours ago. It is still l "updating your data to improve performance. This may take a short while...."

So it hasn't failed yet, which is progress of a sort, I suppose. And I guess they are using the Microsoft definition of 'short while'

0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 116 of 651

still  "updating your data to improve performance. This may take a short while...." Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Van883
Aspiring Contributor
Message 117 of 651

I cannot see any of my photo folders (prevously known as collections) which I shared with different people. I cannot change my settings as to what is synced etc etc. I can't "select all" to move hundreds of photos to albums within the Cloud. I have to do it one by one...What is happening!!?

0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 118 of 651

17 hours in, and still  "updating your data to improve performance. This may take a short while...."

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 119 of 651

Days later and I am still trying to rebackup my missing files using Sync. I only had 24gig for petes sake. It has managed to upload about 4 gig in the last 48 hours (just under 1 gig last night over 10 hours) and I have an upload speed of 0.96mbs which is pretty standard.

This is shocking - by the time my PC is finished Re-syncing in about a fortnight most of my files will be out of date and it will have to start again.

What an utter joke - I am actually glad I spent £80 on a DropBox Account- I would rather pay Cash for something that works than have something for Free thats complete and utter Carp.

Incidentally Dropbox comfortabley uploads about half a gig an hour on my connection - so why doesnt BT Cloud do the same ?

yeah and for some unfathomable reason the Cloud interface keeps crashing - it just hangs and I have to totally reboot my PC to reload it ( reloading the Cloud interface also takes about 20-30 mins as well for some reason which is just great )

Thanks BT.... Anything else you want to give me for Free. 

doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 120 of 651

@AR_Help As I pointed out in an earlier post the syncing is torture as it only uploads one files at a time and that does not maximise bandwidth. I have abouot 3mb upload and have mangaged to sync abouot 12GB overnight but still have another 40gb to go. They are amatuers.....

0 Ratings