cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
23prince
Contributor
Message 121 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

@peter7769 wrote:
At least it doesn't count against your broadband allowance, mine is still going so will probably leave on all night.

People still have allowances? I've cleared 10TB since the 3rd of August..

Anyway I am giving up on the cloud service. Will stick with my Google Drive, Has never had a problem let alone one like this. 

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 122 of 651

@23prince I have unlimited so don't care about allowances I do care about hoggin bandwidth that doens't need to be used like uploading 60Gb of files unnecessairly!

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 123 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

@23prince I have unlimited so don't care about allowances I do care about hoggin bandwidth that doens't need to be used like uploading 60Gb of files unnecessairly!

I totally agree it is annoying. I keep all my stuff on a cheapo kimsufi server £4,99 a month) and then if I need to do what you are doing I just upload from the server using it's connection and not mine. (Ubuntu desktop and 100mbps) which saves me time.

0 Ratings
SteveKJ
Beginner
Message 124 of 651

I have the same problem as renzz except with 8.1 X64, everything seemed to synch OK after the upgrade and whilst I'm not over the moon with the new version it did all backup and I could see everything on the web interface plus all my little green icons appeared next to the folders I had backed up in win explorer. After reading the post I tried to look at properties on both backed up folders and non backed up folders and both times I got an error message then it shut down explorer. sometimes immediately I right clicked on the folder and sometimes when clicking on properties. This isn't acceptable and I have uninstalled the Cloud software from my PC completely and everything is back to normal. All my files are still visible in the web browser so will leave in that state now until a stable version of the app is rolled out.

0 Ratings
AJW1100
Contributor
Message 125 of 651

Is there an idiots guide to the latest version of BT Cloud?

I have found the rather disjointed Cloud Help site but would like to try to understand the hierarchy of the folders, I have BT Cloud and BT Cloud Sync folders on my PC within these are seemingly more folders seemingly containing different versions of my files, some up to date some not. Then I have a WEB folder, again with files seemingly in different stages of update.

When I attempt to access my BT Cloud login this reports a ‘LOGIN’ error and to try later, clicking on the ‘LOGIN’ on the error screen this brings up a request to accept a licence, once accepted I can enter my login again (the same on that brought up the login Error) to gain access, upon which I see loads of pop-ups which only clear once I hit ‘Got it’ and cannot seem to be able to turn these **bleep** pop-ups off! IS all this palaver now normal login procedure?

All I want to do is what I had before, a simple system to keep some files safe in case of loss of originals, before this latest incarnation I used Robocopy to copy said files to my Users\BT Cloud folder that seemed to work fine and should I need too could download back to my PC, now it seems far more complicated, fine for a 17 year old I dare say but not so easy for a 71 year old.

I have to login with old login info, my wifes old user name and password but under Cloud settings it shows my name and email. Maybe I should just give up BT Cloud!!!

I have drop box but storage is far less.

Any ideas?

The questions only easy if you already know the answer
0 Ratings
Chris_Hibiscus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 126 of 651

I don't appear to have the green ticks for backed up items in Windows Explorer. Is there a setting for this?

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 127 of 651

@Chris_Hibiscus No if they are syncing then they show green 

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 128 of 651

To give an indication how **bleep** the uploading process is here is mine in motion. I have BT Fibre, bit remote but we do get 25mb downa dn 3.mb up. One 281mb file will take 15 minutes in total to upload. Only one file at a time.....62GB to be done. Awful, awful software

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
renzz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 129 of 651

I have found a way of "unhooking" BtCloud from Windows Explorer which stops both the crash when you try to look at folder Properties, and prevents the little green icons from appearing.

Go to http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html and download Shellexview (you can download a standalone version that doesn't need installing). Run it and it will show all programs hooked into Explorer. Look at the "Filename" column for anything to do with BTCloud - there are four entries on mine. Select each one (or all four together if you like) and choose "File/Disable Selected Items". Restart Windows Explorer - and no more crashes or green tick.

0 Ratings
Dode
Recognised Expert
Message 130 of 651

I've tried creating a folder and linking it to BT Cloud. Filled it with some stuff and let it do it's work. It did happily back up the stuff. However when I removed some files from the folder they remained on BT Cloud. Which leads me to believe that with a standard back-up it doesn't update files, you'd need to do it manually. Unless you use the actual sync. folder which does seem to. I'm using a Mac and this update does seem to at least work on it. The last one was rubbish, although it did work up to a point. Any thoughts?