cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 211 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

@peter7769 wrote:
341 files left to backup, keeping everything crossed.....

You are an optimist!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 212 of 651

94 and counting, but won't find out now until I get home from work as had to cut the remote link 😩
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 213 of 651

@peter7769 wrote:
94 and counting...

Please stop boasting. Some of us can't even get into the cloud. We get locked into a never ending login cycle. BT hasn't even acknowledged that one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 214 of 651

im not boasting just hoping and it didnt work, upload all but i've got one photo that refuses to upload, i have tried logging out and back in again but still no joy

@PaddyB @DavidM can you shed any light on this, and before you say it ive already sent all my details over before by clicking on the mod link Man Frustrated

Whats strange is the photo with the orange icon that says its not uploaded but in fact when i use the cloud on the web interface it shows that it has been uploaded!!  Confused.com

Pete

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 215 of 651

@peter7769 wrote:

im not boasting just hoping and it didnt work, upload all but i've got one photo that refuses to upload, i have tried logging out and back in again but still no joy

@PaddyB can you shed any light on this, and before you say it ive already sent all my details over before by clicking on the mod link Man Frustrated

Whats strange is the photo with the orange icon that says its not uploaded but in fact when i use the cloud on the web interface it shows that it has been uploaded!!  Confused.com

Pete

Exact same as what I got. Photos on desktop showing not synced but they are in the cloud. Basically the service can’t be trusted so I have turned off and have backed up to 2 hard drives. If a solution doesn’t appear (easy, revert to last software release that worked!!) by end of week I will look at other paid services, Box, Dropbox or google.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 216 of 651

Right all done, all backed up, all showing in the cloud and all with green ticks, uploader showing all complete.

Just one thing, i really wish that the backup option would also have a sync built in..i use google drive to back up, as well as an external drive, but i wish that if i put a photo into my pictures folder and bt cloud backs it up, then please make it so that if i then delete that photo its deleted from the cloud also.

i know i could move the picture folder to the BT sync folder but i (and im sure others) dont want to move folders within folders and loose track of whats where.

Pete

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 217 of 651

@peter7769 wrote:

Just one thing, i really wish that the backup option would also have a sync built in..i use google drive to back up, as well as an external drive, but i wish that if i put a photo into my pictures folder and bt cloud backs it up, then please make it so that if i then delete that photo its deleted from the cloud also.

What would be better would be an API that lets people who write other software to latch on to the BT Cloud and take things there.

Demanding a proprietary interface will limit BT's market. Fine if you are happy with the "free" space, but no use if you are prepared to pay for a grown up cloud stash.

I can use my backup software to work with a bunch of clouds. That being the case, life's too short to be faffing around with BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 218 of 651

A week and no update or change. Welcome to the world of agility and dev ops BT style........

Noticed this is now commented about on Linkedin. How can the business world trust BT is they can't manage home users?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 219 of 651

BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

I installed the BTCloud Update but each time I start my Windows 10 computer I am prompted to update BT Cloud. Really annoying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 220 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

Welcome to the club. You are one of a number of us who can no longer get into BT Cloud.

You'll see that there are various ways in which BT keeps us out:

BT Cloud won't Log In - BTCare Community Forums

Does the prompt retrieve a file that you try to install?

Have you tried getting into your BT Cloud via you myBT account page? It takes me on a merry go round of logins, but it also has a link to get you the desktop client. I have no idea if it is any use, I have never got anywhere with it. It takes me back into a closed loop.

0 Ratings