cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 281 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

@peter7769 wrote:
I agree that Google drive is good, I pay for extra storage, but Google photos is horrible, I hate the way it won't let you upload your neatly organised folders, but instead wants to organise your photos the way Google wants them.

SO use google drive for that. I like the fact it does it by day date and time. I have apps for work so get unlimited storage and 2 Petrabytes for photos. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 282 of 651

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi Guys,

A small number of customers have told us that they are experiencing problems with the updated version of BT Cloud and we are sorry about this. We are working to resolve these and will update as soon as possible.

Some customers have asked if they can access the old web browser version of BT Cloud and this is available for downloading of files at https://btcloud.bt.com/web/static/oldweb/index.html

Thanks

PaddyB

Yes! Finally it works! Now let the mobile app do the same please! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 283 of 651

@jonmanley wrote:

Still unable to get the "app" to work on my XP PC.

Jesus. Welcome to the 90s 😞 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 284 of 651

I only get 100gb and I pay for that, that's not enough storage but can't afford anymore, that's why I use Google photos but I would rather not if I could afford it. But all my photos and videos are now backed up on the BT cloud 😊
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 285 of 651

I like the way Google Photos also lets you clear from the phone what's been saved. It's never let me down so sorry BT whilst the old interface works the mobile app is toast.. And that's 100% of why I use you.

Sorry I mean "used" you. Thanks for the link to get my stuff, it's all now safely on Google. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 286 of 651

@peter7769 wrote:
I only get 100gb and I pay for that, that's not enough storage but can't afford anymore, that's why I use Google photos but I would rather not if I could afford it. But all my photos and videos are now backed up on the BT cloud 😊

How much is 100GB? my unlimited with e-mail and stuff is £5 a month... I can't tell because I don't get the option to buy more. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 287 of 651

It's cheap but the next storage option is nearly £10 per month for 1Tb of storage.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 288 of 651

I completely agree. Syncing newly selected folders yesterday and it had still not finished this morning it is so slow. The folder structure in the cloud does not match my PC so it is very difficult to find anything. I have now uninstalled BT Cloud and will revert to manually backing up on an external hard drive. Another uselss feature from BT that makes my subscription even less value compared to the competition. Time to switch.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 289 of 651

XP is stable and serves my purposes for a home PC.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 290 of 651

@jonmanley wrote:

XP is stable and serves my purposes for a home PC.

and thats your choice but going forward in most cases developers can only back track so far. In this case as they seem to be struggling to get a fix on the latest software platforms I wouldn't hold you breath for an XP working solution and (its does pain me to defend them as the developers have proven themslves to be idiots) why should they invest/waste time on an XP solution?

0 Ratings