cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 411 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

I've just had a phone call from BT cloud help desk, asking me if I have any problems with my cloud service. I did have to say they mine is ok but that I know a lot of people are having problems. He said he was glad that mine was ok and thanked me for my time. Not sure it was legit or not.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 412 of 651

@peter7769 wrote:
Not sure it was legit or not.

Have you reported issues before the latest fix? The support folks may be working their way down a pile of problems.

I filed a "contact the mod" report three weeks ago and have yet to hear from anyone at BT.

What was that about getting back in 48 hours ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 413 of 651

I haven't reported anything as it's all working fine, ok it's still got some bugs but it's backing everything up
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 414 of 651

So I applied the "upgrade". As others have found, it left the old BT Cloud app on my PC as well as installing the new one. The new app had not inherited my backup folders so I added them and it proceeded to re-upload all my files (about 70GB). As the old app kept nagging to be upgraded, even though it already had been, I uninstalled it.

The new app is reporting just under 140GB used so clearly my backups have been duplicated. I was not too bothered about this as it's well within my limit. I also created a couple of test files on my PC to ensure that the new app is working properly.

Now here's the strange thing. When I go to the BT Cloud web site, I see backups all dated 21 August - presumably the date the files were migrated to the new site. However, I cannot see my new files if I navigate through "All My Files". BUT, if I do a search, the new files are found and I can see the newly uploaded duplicates of my original backups.

So how do I navigate to the new backup folders if they don't appear in "All My Files"?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 415 of 651

Re: BT Cloud will not remember settings and shows files as not backed up when they are

Hi @daca,

Sorry you're having trouble finding your files. When we relaunched BT Cloud we made some changes to how folders appear in the ‘All My Files’ view of our web client, where we hid some of the folder structure to make it easier to access folders that contain content with fewer clicks. This went down well with our trialists, but since launching the update some users have let us know that they really don't like the changes.

What you can do right now:

You can still browse the entire folder structure of all your backed up PCs using the ‘Restore’ function of the BT Cloud software for PC and Mac. This will allow you to see your entire folder structure, and download everything or specific folders. You can find instructions on how to use it here.

What about the BT Cloud website?

We’ve heard our feedback from users, and are working to improve the ‘All my files’ view on our web client, to make it far more useful for people who like to see the whole file structure. There are lots of exciting new features we have planned for BT Cloud and improving the All My Files view is at the very top of our list.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 416 of 651

Re: BT Cloud will not remember settings and shows files as not backed up when they are

And from which primary school did you source your "triallists"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 417 of 651

Now now. Many youngsters are better at this stuff than some of us oldies.

I'd be happy with trials in primary schools and retirement homes than among the ranks of the nerds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 418 of 651

I too had a call from BT Cloud support last night. He asked what my main problem was with the new release. I replied that it was the fact that the Windows phone app did not work at all.

He then asked if he could take remote control of my PC, and was unable to explain how this would help him devine what the problem with the Windows phone app was.

His advice was to delete and reinstall the phone app.   This I did. On starting it did the traditional "performing a quick scan - please wait" for 30 minutes, then went to "preparing backup", and a timer bar with "0% complete" appeared for around five minutes. Then in a major step forward, it announced "backup failed" and sulked

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 419 of 651

Not sure if it's related but after a nice e-mail conversation with Gavin Patterson I asked him to ask his team to have a look at this mess and gave him the thread link.

And then hours later the calls start to happen. Probably co incidence but either way I am glad something is happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 420 of 651

Always view in browser. Tiles are now tiny.Have to load EVERY file to find one I want. Not simpler to use. Was nicely organised. Now it's not. "Settings" laughingly informs me of my name and email. Thanks. No way to change view, tile size.    Hopeless. Have the people who redesigned this ever actually USED an online storage facility?

0 Ratings