cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 591 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

I have not even bothered to look for the last 2 weeks

Highlighted
Message 592 of 651

I have the same problems as everybody else.

I tried complaining to BT - hopeless. They called me back a week later to tell me that the department I'd contacted didn't deal with BT Cloud and that somebody else would be in contact. 2 weeks and still waiting. 

BT you should be:

a) ashamed of yourselves

b) giving us our money back - I'm paying for 500 Gbytes I can't access

c) fixing things

Shocking!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 593 of 651

This user is mega dissatisfied. iCloud doesn’t work. 

I've signed up so as to complain. There seems to be no other way of doing so. So I’m going public.

It’s clear from this Forum that I’m not the only person who’s really fed up.

I’ve spent hours on the web chat and the telephone over the last few weeks with people from BT who assure me it should work, or it’s about to work, or there’s an update in the pipeline.

I had a long session (nearly an hour) on the telephone last Thursday (27th) with someone who assured me they were going to ring me again the next day. between 2 and 3. I waited in all Friday afternoon and they didn’t call me. It’s not the first time I’ve waited in for several hours for somebody who either hasn’t rung, or has rung long after they said they were going to.

So I was already fed up.

Before yesterday (1 Nov) the iCloud app on my computer worked erratically but unreliably. Sometimes it froze. Sometimes it didn’t. As of yesterday, it now crashes each time I run it. Yet I haven’t done anything to it.

Before, it was random which files it transferred from my BTCloud folder to the ‘real’ BTCloud in hyperspace. Some it did. Some it didn’t. Some after several weeks, it still hasn’t done. And some which appear to be in the hyperspace BTCloud when I visit it from the web, are invisible there when I visit it from my iPad.

And why are there then another set of files in the hyperspace version which are different from the BTCloud folder?

And why does it claim it can copy my iTunes library to iCloud, but each time I try, it denies the ability to see the iTunes library on my computer - even though it is clearly opening iTunes.

This really is a 100% rubbish set of applications, put together by programmers who either don’t know what they are doing or have stopped because they aren’t being paid. 

If DropBox, Google, iCloud, OneDrive and various other people can produce a system that works seamlessly and reliably, then BT should have no difficulty doing the same. You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting.

I am very, very dissatisfied indeed. Does anyone from BT ever reads these threads?  I suspect they don’t.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 594 of 651

Sounds to me like you’re using a Mac. You summed it up perfectly “This really is a 100% rubbish set of applications”. iCloud is way way better. Most here I think have given up on it.

Suggest you remove your fault No. from the post.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 595 of 651

@Droopa Welcome but you are going to be very dissapointed if you think you will get any answers here. The mods have disappeared and we are 60 pages in. Answer is to fnd an alternative.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 596 of 651

It's depressing, isn't it. Is there anyone, with any O/S who can get this mangled package to work?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 597 of 651

@Droopa wrote:

It's depressing, isn't it. Is there anyone, with any O/S who can get this mangled package to work?

No, its garbage and can't be trusted, therefore not worth wasting time on. What they have done is criminal but they dont' care

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 598 of 651

Is there a hazard in citing my fault number?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 599 of 651

Hi Droopa, it's just not a good idea to have any personal info. on a public forum. If there's a problem the mods would probably remove it anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 600 of 651

@Dode wrote:

Hi Droopa, it's just not a good idea to have any personal info. on a public forum. If there's a problem the mods would probably remove it anyway.

and its not like anyone is going to do anything with it anyway? More chance of your lottery numbers being useful to you.

0 Ratings