cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 601 of 651

Re: BT Cloud will not remember settings and shows files as not backed up when they are

I last made a post here on 6th September, as that was the last time I attempted to sign into BT Cloud.

I thought I'd try again today.  Same error.

I visit btcloud.bt.com

I sign in

I see a quick "loading, please wait" and then

System Error: Please login after some-time.

(URL: https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/public/error?errorCode=900000)

That's it.  If I try again it goes straight to the System Error message every time.

Exactly the same as it's always done.  I've never, ever been able to sign into BTCloud.

I'm an Infinity 3 subscriber, since around 20 months, and had ADSL2 with them for years before that.

I've never tried any app, I've only tried via the web browser.  Doesn't matter if I sign into bt.com first and navigate to btcloud via links in my account, or go directly to btcloud.bt.com.

Once I'm signed in, I get the System Error message and nothing else.

Maybe I'll have another try, next year.

0 Ratings
Message 602 of 651

Re: BT Cloud will not remember settings and shows files as not backed up when they are

Hi @Vindictor,

I'm sorry you haven't been able log into BT Cloud. I'll be able to get this investigated. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Contributor
Message 603 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Service has got slightly better and my confidence is returning that files are actually backed up, even if finding them is a problem. One thing is definitely not working, however. If I delete a file on my lap top I expect BT Cloud to move the file to the deleted items folder. This is not happening so all the files I have deleted on my lap top are still taking up space in BT Cloud. It would be too time comsuming to go through BT Cloud and delete them manually.

C'mon BT, when will this be fixed?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 604 of 651

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi @Vindictor,

I'm sorry you haven't been able log into BT Cloud. I'll be able to get this investigated. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Would that be the same thing we all did at the start and never heard another word? Early August I submiited my fault, never heard another word...

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 605 of 651

Done. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 606 of 651

Hi @MCB,

I've found that if I keep files in the 'BT Cloud' sync folder then any deletions are automatically synced, but that folders I've set to 'back up' arent. I had assumed this was intentional (to prevent people from accidently deleting things and then having their backup deleted), but I agree it would be far better for BT to give users control over what happens here.

What I've done is kept all the documents that I reguarlly work on and delete in the 'Sync' folder, and then I use the 'backup' function to monitor my photos / music / videos folders (which I would never normally delete something from anyway).

Hope this helps!

Joe

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 607 of 651

Thanks Joe, I might give that a try. As you say I don't tend to delete videos and music, but I do delete photos. I upload all the new ones form my camera every once in a while then decide which ones to keep. In the meantime BT Cloud has backed them all up so that even when I delete a photo I still have a copy in BT Cloud.

I have a small number of Word and Excel files I change regularly and I have noticed that the version of the file in BT Cloud is the same as the one on my laptop, so at least that is working. I just wonder where all the previous versions of these files (with the same file names) are stored in BT Cloud, if anywhere.

I think from my last converstaion with BT there is an update to BT Cloud coming in December. Let's hope if finally fixes all the outstanding problems.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 608 of 651

@MCB Cool, good luck with it! In terms of where the previous versions of files are stored, you can select a file on btcloud.bt.com, and then choose 'Versions' from the 'More' menu. This gives you a complete history of the file.

The photos behaviour does sound irritating, I guess until BT improve the backup choices the trick would be to move all your photos into a folder that you haven't set to backup, and then when you choose the ones you'd like to keep you can move them into a folder that is set to backup?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 609 of 651

Would be nice if I could get in to the old working product and delete the 39GB that are still there.

Why is it still there after several months as we wont get the F-Secure product back as it is owned by Synchronoss ?

Tried the current product the other day just out of curiosity.

Did a bulk upload of 20 folders went OK but very slow upload, around 500k sec.

Tried Ipad app seemed to work, deleted it, seemed to take all files with it. (Not fussed would have deleted them anyway).

Desktop still dumps a registry entry for SynchronossPC in the startup file. (I delete it).

Doesnt produce Smart Folders for all files containing photos.

Considering BT have had access to the Sysnchronoss Product at least since March this year progress on getting it to work anything like the old F-Secure offering is remarkably slow. BT have some really good people so I guess the problems are more than technical in getting a good product to us.

My High capacity SD card and USB connected hard disk working fine for all backups.(Music,docs,PDF's and Photos)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 610 of 651

Thanks. I got a call from someone at BT. They changed my login credentials and now I can access the BT Cloud. 500gb storage!
(I'm not sure if that's permanent or just an opening promotion?)
Thanks again.
0 Ratings