cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 701 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

I have overcome a problem I created, on Windows 10 in that I changed my BT password so the app was constantly searching for servers and would not log on (I could not find a way to change the password on the app).  I deleted the app and reinstalled it, ignored the virus warning, waited for it to sort out its metadata and let it resync ( in total over 2 hours) but it does now seem to be working as it has uploaded some new files and even a small changed doc file put in two places.

Perhaps it is working but there must be a better way to change the password on the app.

0 Ratings
Message 702 of 1,226

Re: BTcloud

rperc13 - you are right, he didn't explain it very clearly. 

After double clicking the Desktop BTCloud icon, then the hidden icons up arrow, a screen appears with a cog wheel at the top right hand side. 

Click on this cog wheel and another screen appears with the headings Backup  Sync and Settings.  Below these headings, down the left hand side, you will see  Documents Pictures Desktop. 

If you hover over these, a Pin and cog wheel will appear.  The screen that you are looking for will appear if you click on these cog wheels. 

Please let me know how you get on.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 703 of 1,226

The reason for the pasting of error messages is to advise others who encounter them, they are not alone.

Error messages:

Fault bucket 1492383208373935921, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: BT Cloud.exe
P2: 20.6.1.0
P3: 5ef09a9a
P4: System.Core
P5: 4.8.4300.0
P6: 5f7e637c
P7: b8d
P8: 72
P9: System.AggregateException
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5F85.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER61F7.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6208.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6215.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6226.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_BT Cloud.exe_31b7fc7b801f7ad1734ce6cabbacf3de74cb8cb3_19e96acf_ed5ca74e-6694-4ba2-bf91-ec0f8a96ef24

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 0ab4f2f5-4f1e-4545-ba34-03e1c55dabb6
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 1f42bae2be39da0f64b6029efbe2df31
Cab Guid: 0

Faulting application name: BT Cloud.exe, version: 20.6.1.0, time stamp: 0x5ef09a9a
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xe6477cce
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012a892
Faulting process ID: 0x634
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e232183e5f4b
Faulting application path: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\BTCloud\app-20.6.1\BT Cloud.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 0ab4f2f5-4f1e-4545-ba34-03e1c55dabb6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: BT Cloud.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.__Canon>, System.Func`2<System.__Canon,Boolean>)
at Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions.ICommandCommonHelper.FindByServerPath[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<System.__Canon>, System.String)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider.GetParentFolderIdCreateUpdateBranchInMemory(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Sncr.Cloud.Core.CommandRecord>, Sncr.Cloud.Core.RepositoryRecord, Sncr.Cloud.Core.CommandRecord)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider.GetParentFolderIdCreateUpdateBranchInMemory(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Sncr.Cloud.Core.CommandRecord>, Sncr.Cloud.Core.RepositoryRecord, Sncr.Cloud.Core.CommandRecord)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider+<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<ReplicateChangesInMemoryNew>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider+<ReplicateChangesInMemoryNew>d__25.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider+<ReplicateChangesFull>d__23.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider+<>c__DisplayClass7_0+<<SynchronizeRepositoriesMetadata>b__0>d.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider+<SynchronizeRepositoriesMetadata>d__7.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.ServerMetadataProvider+<SynchronizeServerMetadata>d__3.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.PreSync+<SynchronizeServerMetadata>d__5.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Core.PreSync+<Execute>d__4.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at Sncr.Cloud.Model.Workflow.States.Sync.SyncMetadataState+<Execute>d__1.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Model.Workflow.Abstract.StateManagerAbstract`3+<Execute>d__10[[Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions.States.SyncStates, Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions, Version=20.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions.States.SyncTriggers, Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions, Version=20.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Model.Workflow.States.Application.LoggedInState+<Execute>d__3.MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Model.Workflow.Abstract.StateManagerAbstract`3+<Execute>d__10[[Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions.States.AppStates, Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions, Version=20.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions.States.AppTriggers, Sncr.Cloud.Abstractions, Version=20.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
at Sncr.Cloud.Model.Workflow.Managers.AppStateManager+<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

If there is anyone who can help, it would be appreciated.  I do not know if this is the correct forum or platform for it, especially when it seems quite technical.  It may unfortunately be beyond the capability of the mods/contributors and of those who monitor this forum.  

App starts, then force closes without warning or error message being generated.  The meta data note is shown in the notification area.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and re-tried with  every combination compatibility settings.  

I believe the the App is broken.

0 Ratings
Message 704 of 1,226

Several people have mentioned the December 2020 User Guide, but I don't recall a link being given. 

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/pdf/BT_Cloud_user_guide_updated_4th_Dec.pdf

Perhaps the most useful section is "BT Cloud Desktop Client" starting on page 29 (pdf page 41). Not much use, of course, if your client won't even start.

And a minor moan - when replying to a post please quote  at least a little of what you are replying to.

Expand the toolbar to show the quote option :

1.jpg

2.jpg

Message 705 of 1,226

Good point GeoffSmith about mentioning what you are replying to. I will try to remember that the reply does not attach to the previous message but is just one more in the list.

JTS1 - thanks for your reply. The problem is that in my case (and others) double clicking on the BTCloud icon has no effect whatsoever. It is defunct, not working at all. I can only get to BTCloud on the web and there I can't find anything about backup and shared folders or the directory referred to

0 Ratings
Message 706 of 1,226

GeoffSmith - re Message 704, thank you for your reply. Can you tell me where to find the Headers to which you refer and have highlighted, as I would find this very useful.
JTS1
0 Ratings
Message 707 of 1,226

@ccurri18wrote:

If there is anyone who can help, it would be appreciated.  I do not know if this is the correct forum or platform for it, especially when it seems quite technical.  It may unfortunately be beyond the capability of the mods/contributors and of those who monitor this forum.  

App starts, then force closes without warning or error message being generated.  The meta data note is shown in the notification area.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and re-tried with  every combination compatibility settings.  

I believe the the App is broken.

The 'desktop' (actually task bar) client is indeed broken, or more accurately there are known flaws in it which are being addressed (apparently) by BT. I found I could load it (eventually) by (1) completely deleting it from my (Windows 10) system (2) re-booting, and then, before loading any programmes (other than those which load at re-boot)  running the installation programme. For me, this worked, and it appeared in my task bar under the 'other apps' arrow. I didn't get any feedback that it was a successful load, by the way. Clearly it is not broken for everybody, although most find access through the Web (browser) interface more effective currently - certainly in terms of control, as well as getting more accurate information on what is backing up, and what is there.

Waiting for BT to supply an amended client app is the only thing I'd recommend now, to see if that solves people's individual problems, although it was suggested that it might even now be available, which it doesn't seem to be (my system still has the original software load installed).

0 Ratings
Message 708 of 1,226

@JTS1wrote:
GeoffSmith - re Message 704, thank you for your reply. Can you tell me where to find the Headers to which you refer and have highlighted, as I would find this very useful.
JTS1

They should be directly above the box where you key your reply, if not then I wonder which browser you are using.

3.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 709 of 1,226

Having just restarted my computer, after reloading, I see that the icon is now in the task bar and not hidden it also shows the version as 20.6.1.  It appears to work but are there any release notes for the version.

0 Ratings
Message 710 of 1,226

@Tedw

The version you have is the original version released in early December and due to be revised. I'm not sure there are release notes as such (one of the complaints) the best advice and description is in the link about 6 or 7 posts up from here. 

0 Ratings