cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 761 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud - Selective Download / Now over a month

The offering from Synchronoss/ BT bears no resemblance to the vastly superior product we had from F-Secure. The product was acquired by Synchronoss and then I think vanished.

What we will end up with who knows it will certainly take years of pain to evolve into anything decent.

In the meantime I use a collection of external disks as a primary backup.

0 Ratings
Message 762 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud - Selective Download / Now over a month

Hope everybody had safe festivities and Happy New Year.

There have been multiple statements from BT on this forum itself that they do recognise the issues and frustration caused. So it's definitely not gone unnoticed and they are probably figuring out how to deliver the next release safely. 

I would rather wait for the release to be tested properly and released safely than in a rush again which is what caused all this in the first place. 

Message 763 of 1,226

Re: BTcloud

@rperc13wrote:

Using the bullet switch, have you asked to make All contents to available on this PC?

JTS1

With regard to your earlier comment, it was just a typo.  I am not familiar with the term "bullet switch" , but can guess what you mean and can confirm that it is on "Make all BT Cloud content available on this computer".

Strange things continue to happen. BT Cloud appears still not to be working. I continue  to receive the unexplained error message. The box that appears after clicking on the little white cloud still shows a red cloud in the top left corner. and clicking on Resume Syncing just produces the error message again.  However, the Recently Updated list now shows that a lot more items were updated 18 hours ago.

For information, being frustrated by this like many others, I sent an email to the BT Chief Executive complaining about the terrible way they are dealing with this issue. I have had a response from his PA saying that the Chief Executive is away from the office but he has asked her to refer the matter to their senior service team for investigation and response directly to me. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Your reply has convinced me that the syncing of your files is attempting to work. 
If you are only using one PC, start the process again by clicking on the hidden cloud icon onto the syncing screen that contains the globe at the top left hand side, then click on the globe and sign in.  If you are using more than one PC, make sure they are both switched on.

Then. whilst still logged in, return to the screen with the Globe on it, but this time click on Pause Syncing and see if the Cloud Button at the Top Left of screen changes.  Now (ignoring any error messages) click on the  Resume Printing and again see if the Cloud Button at the Top Left of screen changes.

Do not leave this screen for at least 15 minutes, as it may take some time to show that it is working.  If, or when it starts to work the update bars will show below the listed files in the column Recently Updated.  The update bars may not be visible on the list, so you may have to scroll down to see them.  More than one update bar at a time may show that Downloading is occurring. depending upon their size.   This is the screen I mean, but like all the other screens in BT Cloud, it has no visible Title.

Syncing.jpg

I would recommend that you periodically hit the pause and resume syncing button to indicate that you are still on the site and also periodically power off and back on again and log in again, to prevent those irritating short timeouts.

Please keep me informed of any progress you may make.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 764 of 1,226

Your reply has convinced me that the syncing of your files is attempting to work.
If you are only using one PC, start the process again by clicking on the hidden cloud icon onto the syncing screen that contains the globe at the top left hand side, then click on the globe and sign in. If you are using more than one PC, make sure they are both switched on.

Then. whilst still logged in, return to the screen with the Globe on it, but this time click on Pause Syncing and see if the Cloud Button at the Top Left of screen changes. Now (ignoring any error messages) click on the Resume Printing and again see if the Cloud Button at the Top Left of screen changes.

Do not leave this screen for at least 15 minutes, as it may take some time to show that it is working. If, or when it starts to work the update bars will show below the listed files in the column Recently Updated. The update bars may not be visible on the list, so you may have to scroll down to see them. More than one update bar at a time may show that Downloading is occurring. depending upon their size. This is the screen I mean, but like all the other screens in BT Cloud, it has no visible Title.

JTS1 Sorry I am unable to do that. Even after logging in, the screen with the globe does not have Pause Syncing as shown in your picture, it still has Resume Syncing. When I click on that, it briefly flashes Pause Syncing but immediately reverts to Resume Syncing.  Yet I am sure you are right in saying it is trying to work.

0 Ratings
Message 765 of 1,226

@JTS1wrote:

@rperc13wrote:

Using the bullet switch, have you asked to make All contents to available on this PC?

JTS1

With regard to your earlier comment, it was just a typo.  I am not familiar with the term "bullet switch" , but can guess what you mean and can confirm that it is on "Make all BT Cloud content available on this computer".

Strange things continue to happen. BT Cloud appears still not to be working. I continue  to receive the unexplained error message. The box that appears after clicking on the little white cloud still shows a red cloud in the top left corner. and clicking on Resume Syncing just produces the error message again.  However, the Recently Updated list now shows that a lot more items were updated 18 hours ago.

For information, being frustrated by this like many others, I sent an email to the BT Chief Executive complaining about the terrible way they are dealing with this issue. I have had a response from his PA saying that the Chief Executive is away from the office but he has asked her to refer the matter to their senior service team for investigation and response directly to me. I will let you know if I hear anything.

If you are only using one PC, start the process again by clicking on the hidden cloud icon onto the syncing screen that contains the globe at the top left hand side, then click on the globe and sign in.  If you are using more than one PC, make sure they are both switched on.

Then. whilst still logged in, return to the screen with the Globe on it, but this time click on Pause Syncing and see if the Cloud Button at the Top Left of screen changes.  Now (ignoring any error messages) click on the  Resume Printing and again see if the Cloud Button at the Top Left of screen changes.

Do not leave this screen for at least 15 minutes, as it may take some time to show that it is working.  If, or when it starts to work the update bars will show below the listed files in the column Recently Updated.  The update bars may not be visible on the list, so you may have to scroll down to see them.  More than one update bar at a time may show that Downloading is occurring. depending upon their size.   This is the screen I mean, but like all the other screens in BT Cloud, it has no visible Title.

Syncing.jpg

I would recommend that you periodically hit the pause and resume syncing button to indicate that you are still on the site and also periodically power off and back on again and log in again, to prevent those irritating short timeouts.

Please keep me informed of any progress you may make.

JTS1

You must be getting really fed up, but please bear with me.

First Question
Are you only attempting to Sync and Back up your files to only one PC, or do you have any other devices that you also want to Sync and Back up to?

Second Question
Is this what your screen looks like:
Paused Syncing.jpg

Third Question
What does bottom line read On the right hand side.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 766 of 1,226

JTS1 Frustrated but not fed up with you. I really appreciate the efforts you are making. The answer to your 3 questions:

1. Just one PC

2. Yes it looks just like that except, as previously mentioned, the cloud in the top left corner is red. And the list of items in my case are those which were strangely Uploaded yesterday - a tiny fraction of what is on my PC and not files I have dealt with recently.

3. It reads 1% of 1000 GB used

0 Ratings
Message 767 of 1,226

@rperc13wrote:

JTS1 Frustrated but not fed up with you. I really appreciate the efforts you are making. The answer to your 3 questions:

1. Just one PC

2. Yes it looks just like that except, as previously mentioned, the cloud in the top left corner is red. And the list of items in my case are those which were strangely Uploaded yesterday - a tiny fraction of what is on my PC and not files I have dealt with recently.

3. It reads 1% of 1000 GB used

That is good, because I think that is the problem that you are experiencing.  I have been reading the User Manual, paying particular interest in the Syncing process, where  I came across this paragraph, which I think is relevant:

Configuration

The carrier (BT) may now configure a storage limit above which the user (You) will be prompted, as part of the first use experience, to select which folders to sync to the desktop.

A user may have synced a large quantity of files to their cloud account before using the desktop application.

On first run, the user may decide which of the sync folders it will sync to the desktop.

The objective is to ensure that the user’s first experience with the desktop is not simply to wait for a long time to sync content from the cloud, unless the user explicitly chooses to do so.

It was me who inserted (BT) and (You) for clarification purposes.  I do not know if you have downloaded a copy of the user guide, but it contains a full explanation of what should happen in the syncing process and gives examples.

I think that rather than being prompted about the storage limited, you are receiving error messages, as all of your files are currently be synced all at once. 

Luckily, the user guide states that even if you wipe away all of the files on your PC, they will still remain stored in the Cloud.  Your PC should also have all of your files in: C:/Users/yourname/Documents/BTcloud. 

Can you tell me (you may have deduced that my name is John) if all of your files are stored in this one location, or are in sub folders at this location?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 768 of 1,226

BT cloud not working

A couple of weeks ago my pc wanted to update the BT Cloud app, since then I haven't been able to access the cloud.  When I go onto the BT website it asks me to Activate the BT Cloud.  I click on Activate and it does nothing, I just loop back to the same page.

Please advice.  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 769 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud - Selective Download

I'm relieved to find that Selective Download is less complicated than I previously thought. 

Selective Download.jpg

Most importantly (based on a single test) sub-directories are now being included (previously they were empty).  And the download took place immediately. Earlier I tried a takeout using the BT Cloud Website, and the sub-directories were still empty; hopefully that will soon be corrected.

0 Ratings
Message 770 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud - Selective Download

I just tried to log in to web BT Cloud and got:

{
"error": "parameters_invalid",
"code": "MB4-06"
}

Anyone else? What is this trying to tell me? 

0 Ratings