cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud - adding a device

How do I add a device to an already set up Cloud?

in "Managing Devices in BT Cloud | Help | BT.com Help" I found that "you can only change the name of a Device by deleting it and then adding it again to your BT Cloud" and then it gives details how to delete a Device but nothing for adding a Device. I cannot find anywhere how to add a Device. Can anyone help here?

Thnaks in anticipation :^)

Karel

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud - adding a device

If I recall correctly you just log onto BTCloud with the device that you want to add and you are given the option to add that device then.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Have you downloaded the BT Cloud App onto the device?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Yes, I have the app on a Samsung phone and Tablet. I don't use it much. Only tried it out to see what it was like and I didn't think it was very good. It was when it first came out so as I said I don't recall how I added a device but I think it was just by logging on via that device. I may have had to upload a file or picture as well but I can't remember.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

re: gg30340
>If I recall correctly you just log onto BTCloud with the device that you want to add and you are given the option to add that device then.

That happens only the first time (i.e. when you are setting up the cloud), afterwards the option seems not to be available.
>Have you downloaded the BT Cloud App onto the device?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I had exactly the same problem as the OP. Having got started on BT Cloud I could find no way of adding my different computers. It simply isn't mentioned in all of the BT Cloud help files. When I did a search online, this thread was the only information I found.

For the benefit of anyone else who has the same query, this is how I worked out the way to do it:

Using the device you want to add, log out of BT Cloud, close your browser and clear all the cookies and other clutter you've accumulated while you were trying to find an answer (I use Ccleaner).

Now open your browser again and log onto My BT.

Scroll down the page to My Extras, one of which should be BT Cloud. Here it encouragingly says "Download your apps and manage your allowances here", which shows you're on track!

Click on the pink-coloured button My BT Cloud, this opens a page headed "Get ready for BT Cloud", on which you will see a blue-coloured Download button. Follow the instructions to install the app. At the time of writing this I  have yet to find WHERE it is installed, I am just so glad I have finally done it. 

Phew! that was hard work, wasn't it! Thanks for the lack of information, BT. 

Now go and make yourself a nice cup of tea or something stronger to calm your jangled nerves.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I have my ipad and desktop devices listed on my desktop which I normally use for Cloud stuff. How do I add my laptop to the list of devices? I followed your instructions but the download is just for iphones and the like. My laptop is just a bog standard machine that recognises the files on the other devices. how do I add it to my desktop list please?

0 Ratings