cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud (again) Select/Select All function

I may be going completely mad or can't see the obvious but when using the web version of BT Cloud I can't see the facility to Select or Select All.  I am trying to move a number of photos from a folder that was uploaded into a new photo album but I can't see how you can check all files instead of selecting one by one.  I have noticed a similar problem using the iPad App too where you can Select or Select all but once selected I can't see a function to 'Move to'??

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud (again) Select/Select All function

Are these backed up files or sync files?

Pete
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

These are Synched files, is it a different matter if they were backed up files?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

If they are synched then surely if you open the sync folder on the pc and move the photos from where they are to where you want them, will it not sync them again to the new folders?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I can't  "select all" either. Or see large thumbnails. It is rubbish.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I mean open the Bt sync folder in Windows Explorer, not in the Bt app. Surely you can select all within 'windows"?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

The issue I'm having is compared to the functionality of the previous BT Cloud version where once files were uploaded you could Select or Select all and move them into Collections.  The latest update has lost all of these tools to be able to manipulate and move your filkes around within BT Cloud.  For example I upload a folder from my PC called Holiday Photos for example.  The folder gets created and files transfer no problem but as I like to have my photo collections visible on the BT Cloud home page I would like to move them to a newly created Album on the Cloud (this seems to be a new name for the old 'Collections' on the previous versions).  Using the PC/Web version then you can do it but have to indivudually check all files in the folder to be able to add them to an Album.  Now if you have a large number of files i there is nothing more time consuming than doing this - there is no Select/Select All function! (basic file management stuuf that's missing if you ask me).

Now flip over to an IOS device and using the iPad app you can Select/Select All but that's it, no tool or function exists to move or add to an album! Crazy.

Whoever was responsible for this update obviously did not have the slightest idea about application development or any testing or consumer opinion before release (even put out a Beta version would have helped to gauge public reaction). What was before a pretty useful backup facility with all of the file management functions you would expect has been reduced to nothing but a pile of old poop to be honest.

Can anyone shed any light on how to manage your files within the Cloud?  Is there something I'm missing or has anyone else found this an issue?  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

@Stoner wrote:

Can anyone shed any light on how to manage your files within the Cloud?  Is there something I'm missing or has anyone else found this an issue?  

There's several messages on similar lines in this long and growing discussion:

BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done? - BTCare Community Forums

It is a good idea to start new discussions like this, with specific issues. (You may have to trawl through nearly on three weeks of anguished messages to find a similar issue.) But for the time being the message has to be "wait and see".

As you have seen from your message, BT's minders here aren't responding to messages in a timely fashion.

I was promised a response "in 48 hours" from BT Customer Services. That was 11 days ago, I'm still waiting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I gave up on BT Cloud 6 months ago, but decided to try again - but I can't work out how to select multiple files to delete or how to get the into folders.

It's still rubbish - so I think I'll give up again.

So - the generous free 100GB is worthless!

0 Ratings