Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud & BT Netprotect Plus

Go to solution

I have moved home and upgraded to W8.1 and I am now getting the the following problems.

No option to download Netprotect plus under My Extras in My BT

I also get the following message when trying to access BT Cloud in My Extras -

Any Ideas?

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud & BT Netprotect Plus

Go to solution

There have been reported problems with BT Netprotect and Windows 8.1. While that does not answer why its not shown in your Options. It could be that the package you are now on since your move does not include BT Netprotect. It is now a paid for option unless you are on the Infinity packages or the Unlimited Broadband plus package.

My advice and that of others on the forum would be to uninstall BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free, AVG Free and Microsoft Security Essentials.

If you do want to uninstall BTNetprotect use this guide and make sure you use the BTNetprotect/McAfee removal tool after you have restarted your computer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13523

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Sorry I should have said I am on Unlimited Broadband and BT agree I should be able to get it free
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

If you already have BT Cloud set up and are just trying to access it try this link

https://www.btcloud.bt.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Unlimited Broadband does not have BT Netprotect. It is only on the Unlimited Broadband Plus which costs £21 against £16 for Unlimited Broadband.

This means you are paying £5 a month more for BTNetprotect and to get 50Gb of cloud storage. It is of course up to you but I wouldn't take BTNetprotect even if they paid me and BT Cloud is also a pretty poor program. Have a read through the forum to see the problems for both of them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
I am actually on Unlimited Broadband Extra which does include Netprotect Plus
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

You will need to get back onto BT and ask them to check it out and have it added to your MyBT so that you can access it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
BT Cloud is ok and Netprotect Plus is available on a windows 7 PC
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Has this just happened since the Windows 8.1 update? It may be a browser problem. Do you have any add ons and in particular add blockers active on your browser? Have you tried a different browser such as Firefox or Crome?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
After renewing my line rental saver this seems to have resolved the problems. Must have been a problem with the account that resolved it's self.
0 Ratings