cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

BT Cloud app - Goes to set-up but my devices are already set-up

I have just installed the BT Cloud app and it starts to show me a tour, but immediately goes into Setup.

But Setup shows my devices are already setup and won't let continue "Device name already in use"

How can I use the Cloud app if I can't get passed the point where the devices have been setup?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Nigel

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Cloud sharing - The following files cannot be shared: Music: 1 of 1

I have just decided to use BT Clloud to share some files with a family member and uploaded a short file and tried to share it by email and I immediately get "The following files cannot be shared:Music: 1 of 1"!

What's that all about?

Can anyone guide me what is going wrong?

Thanks

Nigel

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Re: Cloud sharing - The following files cannot be shared: Music: 1 of 1

Hi nandrews,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the Cloud PP. I'm assuming you managed to get it installed as you're trying to share a file. If that's the case take a look at Sharing files with BT Cloud and let us know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

David,

I appreciate your help here.

But I am past that point.

I believe I have shared the file with BT Cloud and I can see it showing, in the Music section under Home.

I can even play it from there!

I am trying to share, by Email, but it tells me I cannot. In fact I cannot share the file in any of the ways offerred!

The above is by viewing the BT Cloud through a browser, as I cannot get the app to run beyond the set-up.

I installed the Cloud app and it shows me the tour and then set-up. It asks me to name the device (this PC), but shows this PC name (and others) is already in use! So I cannot get past this point.

Can you help futher on both these points?

Thanks

Nigel

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Perhaps you will let me know where I go from here, as my problem has not been solved or answered.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

I have had the same problem as you, and I suspect others have too. I set up a BT Cloud account up specifically to share large music mix files, 200mb plus - and I receive the followng message :

'The following could not be shared'

'Music 1 of 1'

No explanation is given as to why - it's an uncorrupted file that plays fine - is there a file size limit on the DL link you can share with others? 

Pretty pointless app all in all if I can't share a file with people - and no-one at BT seems of much use on the subject either, so far at least!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for your comment.

I am still no further forward with this myself.

But I have tried BT Cloud to share a video file and it worked! It was also very easy to share it by email.

So now I am even more motivated to find the reason why audio files specifically cannot be shared.

0 Ratings