cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud client not working win 2008 server

Howdy folks,

Since BT are restricting my download speeds from 8MB/s to 900kb/s on Infinity 2 (sync at 74mbps)

I decided to try and use the BT Cloud to back up my server data

BT restricts the upload file soze to 500MB using the browser interface ....

So I tried the desktop client on my windows 2008 server and I get this is not supported unde this OS

Can I get a version of this application that work under windwos 2008 server

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud client not working win 2008 server

Hi,

If the app doesn't work on your OS it's unlikely they will do a new one.

Best bet is to get a hot swap bay and backup your own data to hard drives.  I've got a shelf full of backup drives.

I would never trust a third party with my data backup, no matter who is running the 'Cloud', bad idea, you have no control over the thing.  What happens if there's a fault?

Where is your data then?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for the reply , as my server is located in a OVH data center in France and I am trying to backup to my home server using a hot swap drive in France is not really an option for me.

Up until a few weeks ago I could download from my France Dedicated server at 8MB/s (same on usenet servers) , as there appears to be either a routing issue with BT or they are limiting my speed profile somehow.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Ah, remote server location makes that awkward.  Problem is most likely a routing issue as BT do not throttle connections any longer.

Did you try resetting the connection in your router?  A change of IP may give you another route to the destination.

0 Ratings