Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud free update to double the original storage

Go to solution

Hi

I've recently had emails from BT stating that I will be getting a free 'double the amount' update to my BT Cloud storage (originally 500G which was a free upgrade from several years ago - that was a nightmare to sort at the time!). The first recent email was to just inform me of the offer and the latest mail was to tell me that it's now all ready to use.....

So I log in and Lo and Behold..... Still just 500G!

Anyone in a similar position? If so did you get it resolved to your satisfaction??

Cheers

Andy.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud free update to double the original storage

Go to solution

OK, so I've just seen the 'Free Boost Ready to Open' thread and realise my Cloud storage will not be going up until Jan 2018 - Why oh Why can't BT get it's act together and include those few words in the email.... 'Not available until Jan 2018'... Would solve quite a few problems for people!

*tsk*

0 Ratings
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@Andyvr wrote:

OK, so I've just seen the 'Free Boost Ready to Open' thread and realise my Cloud storage will not be going up until Jan 2018 - Why oh Why can't BT get it's act together and include those few words in the email.... 'Not available until Jan 2018'... Would solve quite a few problems for people!

*tsk*

Agree with you there.👍

0 Ratings
RKM
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Seems to be some people are getting fobbed off until Jan '18 while others are getting it right away.

Did you click on the "Open your boost" link on the original email?  That takes you (well it took me) to a page that says "There's no need to do anything - sit back, relax and we'll let you know when your boost has been activated".  I checked pretty soon after that and it was already showing 1000GB of space, up from 500GB.

I wonder if they just underestimated the uptake and won't have the required hardware for everyone until January.

0 Ratings
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, I clicked on the link and it took me to the same page as you - Then about a fortnight later I received another email which was worded slightly differently but on the subject line it said :- Your FREE broadband boost is ready to use.... So I assumed (perhaps wrongly???) that my FREE broadband boost would be ready to use?!?.....

I'll keep checking... (at this time it *still* says 500G!)

Roll on Janurary....

0 Ratings
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

So... I spoke to someone at the Cloud technical Help Desk who tells me BT have not sent me an email since July (ish) and what I have received recently from :- bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com are in fact phishing emails as this is *NOT* a BT registered email address!?!?!?!?

The link on the email for finding what your 'Boost' is :-

https://ecomm.bt.com/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=z76z7KJJGBa2cuKNlXI6t%2BhfG5fEWSh4Qr%2Bx2ocKhH_Myf...

and if copy and pasted into a browser takes one to :-

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/exclusive-offers/cloudoffer/?s_cid=con_email_Wunderm...

with a 'verified by Symantec Corperation' tag and little green padlock with British Telecommunication plc (GB) - In Firefox.

I'm confused now as I've read in other threads here that people who have had similar emails from the same address (bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com) have either got their Cloud boost or been told it will appear in January 2018?!

Does ANYONE know if - bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com - is a pukka BT email address or a phishing scam address?

*^% bangs head on wall %^*

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Andyvr,

The email address bt.athome@ecomm.bt.com is a valid BT email address and is being used to send the "Your Broadband gift from us" emails

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Andyvr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks PaddyB, perhaps you can enlighten the various help desks who categorically state it's a scam address!

You couldn't make it up!

Thanks again.

Andy.

0 Ratings
Tezz
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

When I telephoned BT up, at first they knew nothing about this email and upgrade, one person said it was not from BT, it was by persistent phone calls, that I eventually got someone, that checked proper, and explained it to me, it was from BT etc.  BT customer service needs improving a lot.

0 Ratings