cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJFulford48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud on Android

Where is the BT Cloud synced folder on an Android (Kit-Kat 4.4.2)?

I loaded the BT Cloud app onto my Sansung Galaxcy S4, but it took a long time to log in. I just had to put the phone down a do something else while it located my account. It now seems to work.

Now I would like to include BT Cloud on the list of sites I can access through Astro file manager with Cloud. It can log into Dropbox and Skydrive (which I am not using), but not BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DavidM
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud on Android

Hi DJFulford48,

Welcome and thanks for posting. The Sync folder is not displayed separately as a ‘local’ folder as it is on PC/Desktop, but it’s simply accessible through the app by clicking on BT Cloud Sync in the left hand menu. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Writerman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud on Android

[quote]The Sync folder is not displayed separately as a ‘local’ folder as it is on PC/Desktop, but it’s simply accessible through the app by clicking on BT Cloud Sync in the left hand menu.[end-quote]

That's all very well if all you want to do is view the file on your phone. What I don't understand is how it works if you want to use your Android device to edit a shared file.

For example, I have several Word documents containing works in progress. When I edit a document on my PC, all I have to do is save the edited version to the Sync folder in order to be able to view the latest edited version on my Android phone.

How do I do it the other way round, though? Suppose I edit the document on my phone (yes, I really do write books on my phone!). Where do I instruct my Android-based word processor to save the revised file so that the cloud version gets updated so that I can subsequently access it on my PC? I tried doing a straight "save" (as opposed to "save as") but the updated version doesn't get copied to the cloud.

The only way I have found is to keep deleting the document from the cloud and then re-adding it. That's clunky, a real hassle, and cannot surely be the design intent.

Kind regards

Keith Sheppard (author).

0 Ratings