cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H12-FJK
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud running maximized at startup

Hello and pardon me if this has been asked and answered in the past (I searched without success) but can anyone tell me if it possible to have BT Cloud run automatically in the system tray (A.K.A the notification area near the time and other icons) at start up of the XP PC as opposed to running maximized ? If I minimize manually of course it drops into the task bar as a button but this is not the behaviour I want.   BT Help were no help when I contacted them about this.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ricke17
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud running maximized at startup

I would love an answer to this too - so annoying, and often crashes too!

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Yes I too would like an answer to this problem

Since I did the latest upgrade in Jan 2014 its been an issue for me - before that it used to start minimised. Now however when it starts up it is maximised and crashes 3 out of 4 times meaning I have to restart my PC. Eventually I just went into Start Run MSCONFIG and removed it completely from the start up items.

So now I only use BT cloud when I remember to manually start it up which is less than ideal.

Surely other people must be facing this very frustrating problem

COME ON BT CAN WE HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS PLEASE INSTEAD OF SILENCE.

I learnt a long long time ago that ringing your helpdesk is a complete and utter frustrating waste of time !

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 7

Hi AR_Help,

I've highlighted this thread to the Cloud team to see if this is possible? I'll post back when I have an update.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
andyshort76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Got exactly the same problem as above. However I came across this thread from above which has solved the issue for me.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/BT-Cloud-PC-Client-log-in-issue-Fix/td-p/1091042

I hope it helps !!

Andrew

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

OK Neil,

Any chance of an update on this - its been 11 days since you escalated it.

0 Ratings
H12-FJK
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

no news on this then?

0 Ratings