cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Credit Referral

I`ve been asked to contact BT Credit Referral about my order , but I haven`t ordered anything and in this day and age I was thinking its a scam . They rang they other day when I wasn`t at home . The number they gave was 0800 7839028 anyone know if its a scam ?

TIA

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Credit Referral

@arfurrrr wrote:

I`ve been asked to contact BT Credit Referral about my order , but I haven`t ordered anything and in this day and age I was thinking its a scam . They rand they other day when I wasn`t at home . The number they gave was 0800 7839028 anyone know if its a scam ?

TIA

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The number looks to be the genuine credit referrals number (a quick google confirms it). Were you able to do a 1471 to get the number that called, or were there calls before you could check ?

It was probably a misdialled number - I suppose anyone can do it.

As it's a freefone number (from landlines), you can call it to see what's what - but it will be hard to progress anything, as you've not got an order number to confirm !

If there was a problem at the BT end, I would expect that they would call again.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Credit Referral

I`ve rang the number , they said I`ve ordered a new phone line , broadband and 4 mobiles ?

I haven`t , someone from security is getting back to me ???????

0 Ratings