cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seawings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Critical Help Desk Up-Date problem

Hi There, every day for months now, when I switch on my pc up comes a dialog box in the bottom right-hand corner inviting me to load a critical update for the Help Desk.

Everytime I have tried this, it has begun to load and then when it gets to 89% loaded, up comes another dialog box that states there are 'currently issues'  and the downloading will stop.

My question is: what are the isssues, does anyone else have this problem, and is BT ever going to fix it? Oh, and is there anything I can do to stop this dialig box coming up in the first place?

My systems are working well, there are no issues with my pc- apart from the odd occiasion when Help Desk pops up and tells me I have a problem with my emails, when I don't.

Anyone with any thoughts?

Cheers,

Seawings

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Critical Help Desk Up-Date problem

Hi welcome to the forums

There are many who post herethat recommend not using the programme ( personal choice ) but from my own observatio ns it does onn sow occasions cause more trouble than it is worth I would
suggest uninstallibg it then trying a fresh reinstall if that does not work then I am afraid there to me is only one choice delete the programme unless you really need it

0 Ratings
orsett
Message 3 of 10

I know this is an old post but I'm getting the update dialog box every time I start up. Despite seeming to update my 'desktop help' the dialog box still pops up at every start up.  Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Uninstall it and never use it again 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

If you put "desktop help update" in the search box at the top of this page, you will find lots of threads to read through. Many will come to the same conclusion as John and Webby.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
orsett
Message 6 of 10

Not sure about the etiquette on this forum but many thanks.  I'll uninstal now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

What do you mean by that?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
orsett
Message 8 of 10

What I mean is ... Thanks! Ratings star also clicked. Acceptable solution? Not really but OK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Only the original poster can mark an answer as an acceptable solution 🙂

0 Ratings
seawings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hi all,

The answer came for me when I changed over to BT Infinity with the Mark3 version wireless home hub.

It got rid of that feature, up-dated to a new one, and evrything has been fine since.

PS: No, I don't work for BT either!

My prblem is now sorted, hopefully once and for all.

0 Ratings