cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikejasonsmith
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Customer Service - What a joke! Read and learn....

Hi all,

I just thought i would share with you my BT Experience since joining from O2 on May 5th -

• Joined on May 5th on a BT Broadband Unlimited Contract
  • Fell fould of the fair useage policy 2 weeks later as I am heavy user
  • Explained to BT that i would always be a heavy user and asked if there were other options
  • Got told 'no' and thus given MAC code so I could leave but was told I would be 'held to term'
  • 1 day later get a call from BT to say rather than leave and pay the fees why not move to Business Broadband which has a higher allowance?
  • I agree and the planned date for the move is May 26th
  • On May 28th I have problems with speed and connection however when I eventually get through to BT i get told nothing can be done until after the Bank Holiday Weekend.
  • Get a call from BT on the Tuesday after Bank Hol to be told my move to business didnt go through and I am still on Residential with a line cap - hence my problems.
  • Get told it would be on Business by next day - Wednesday.
  • I assumed that was the end of it.
  • The following Monday I get a letter from Residential to say we are terminating your residential Broadband the next day on June 8th.
  • I wake up June 8th to no Boradband - ring BT who tell me that by mistake Residential had cancelled everything!!
  • Not only that I also get told I am still not on Business Broadband!!!
  • I get told my switch would be complete by next day.
  • Next day I wake to still no Internet - get told - 'you will be up and running in 2-4 hours'
  • I get home that evening to still no broadband
  • Next day I still dont have it - get told - up and running in 2-4hours
  • Get home that evening ( Thursday ) still no internet!
  • Next day wake up to still no internet and decided enough is enough - im leaving!
  • I ring the options team who tell me the best way to leave without paying 'held to term fees' is to allow them to disconnect the service before I move to another provider - ie dont use a MAC code
  • I am also told that because i have never actually been conected to Business Broadband I would not have to pay any charges as long as I waited for full disconnection.
  • I agree and patiently wait for today ( 18th ) when im told i would be free of BT.
  • I ring O2 this morning to be told that BT still have the line.
  • I ring BT who confirm to me that my cancelletion hadn been stopped and my line re-instated. They couldnt tell me why!
  • They say that to put the cancellation back on would take 5-10 days
  • I tell them i need internet asap and they advise me to take a MAC code and when my hefty final bill comes in dispute it and it should be quoshed.
  • I take the MAC code to O2 who tell me that the MAC code is out of date!
  • I ring back BT who refuse to give another MAC as I dont have an account number - i explain that this is because I have never been connected fully to Business but the member of staff refuses to budge...even thought they had given me one just minutes before.
  • I ring customer services who try to get it for me and they cut me off.
  • After 2 hours and 9 mins I have finally just got given a new MAC.

I still have no internet and havent had it now for nearly 2 weeks - what a joke!

If you are thinking of joining BT - Dont!

I have never had such a poor customer experience in my life!

I hope this helps

Mike

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sweeney47
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Customer Service - What a joke! Read and learn....

wow seems you've had a rough time. I think the message isn't dont sign with BT, its dont sign with BT residential and then switch to BT business. The problem is they are two very different companies and as I've read a few times its a matter of the left arm doesnt know what the right arm is doing.

Anyway, good luck with O2

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you've had with BT. I can understand how annoying this could be. As you've already ben issued your MAC I can check if the account has been closed properly if you wish. Drop me an email with the details and a link to this thread for reference to forum.moderation.team@bt.com and I'll check it for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi Mike,

I've picked up your email and will drop you a reply.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings