cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrfudd
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

BT Customer Service

For 3 weeks now iv been trying to deal with my parents phone bill (Their pensioners) where BT have being over charging them on the Anytime unlimited plan.

Every time I call I get through to what I presume to be Indian call centres where (I'm not racist either BTW) where in the 6 calls iv made iv been talked to in an unproper manner,the phone put down on me and issues unresolved despite having been promised that the issue has been as well as being lied to.

I'm a fit an healthy young man and these issues with BT customer service have tried me at the best of times so if my parents would have had to deal with this then I can only come to the conclusion that one or both would have been in hospital because of it because they where both busting blood vessels even with me dealing with these matters.

I have had customer service reps be nice and give me their name and some also their id no in case we got cut off and others who refuse and say its against the rules so if we get cut off I have to ring back and speak to another rep and go through the whole thing again.

Iv now come to the conclusion that BT doesn't care so long as they get their money and to **bleep** with peoples life's and health if they make a mistake.

Over the last 3 weeks I have made numerous calls to BT to sort the issue of over charging only for me to discover that this problem has gone way back by about a year and in total iv spent appear 4.5 hours of my time in trying to sort this out with one phone call exceeding 1 hr and 20 mins (totally un acceptable).

After a call today I find out that BT owe my parents £144.49p in over payments and despite myself (with my parents permission) to recover that money back to my fathers bank account I was unsuccessful because the operator says it can only go towards the next bill.

Now if my calculations are right and if BT bill my parents correctly from now on then they will be in credit by £1.61p per month so will never from now on owe BT money with their direct debit but in actual fact BT will owe my parents £1.61p every month so in fact they will never get the full payment of £144.49p that they are owed and BT will get an additional £1.61p a month that my parents will also not be able to recover.

Now if anyone at BT cares and wishes to resolve this issue then please feel free to contact me because I seem to be having problems getting through to the right people or just people that really don't care but either way I really don't care because I WILL NOT BE LETTING THIS MATTER GO.

From doing searches all over the Internet all I can see is that BT are not doing their selfs any favours in the customer care department and if I can find it then anyone can.

As a company director myself I would be extremely angry and upset that my company wasn't coming up to standards that my customers expect and would straight away be looking at either re training my staff or starting to remove them from the payroll.

If BT do not wish to refund (either by cheque or transfer back to my father bank account) then I will be left with no choice (with my parents permission of course) but to act on their behalf and start legal proceedings to recover such debt (as would BT if my parents owed BT monies) and along with the outstanding debt their will be legal fees from solicitors,court fees and I will also be submitting an invoice for my time seeing as I have had to take time from my own business in working hours to resolve these issues on my parents behalf and along with these charges and fees interest will be charged.

I do wish someone at BT sits up and listens because if not then I do hope you also ignore the court summons that will be issued as I would take great pleasure in sending a Baliff to recover the monies or property to the value of then maybe someone at the top will look down from his office tree and see that once Great British company is being run in to the ground by BAD customer service.

Some people will roll over and say "its not worth the hassle" but I'm afraid your customer service has got me to boiling point so I wont be backing down anytime soon and look forward to recovering my parents monies.

Yours

Jason

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Customer Service

Hi Jason,

Sorry you have had such a problems getting this sorted out.  I'll by happy to get involved and make sure things go a bit smoother from here.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send using the contact us form in my profile under the 'about me' section.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nicki
Message 3 of 17

Please keep going Jason - I am having an issue with BT over a promotion they offered me which made me switch to them and which I have never received - No one on the phone will speak to me as I set up my service online and the girl on the online chat doesnt seem to have the basic understanding of the english language. I have documentary proof that they are in the wrong but they will not admit it. Also had a fault on my line and the person I spoke to re this obviously didnt speak english as their main language. The only time I got to speak to a normal english speaking Brit was in sales when I needed to upgrade my package - funny that?!!! I shall be leaving them once my contract is up because of the poor customer service but until then plan to hassle them and publicise their failings in every way possible.
mrfudd
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

Hi Craig

Thanks for the quick reply (pity everyone at BT isn't the same).

Email sent and I look forward to a quick and speedy reply with a solution and payment in return for the outstanding amount along with re assurance that this matter will not re occur in the future.

Thanks

Jason

0 Ratings
mrfudd
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Hi Nicki

Don't worry I wont be letting this drop anytime soon because if BT doesn't sort this mess out then ill just start the proceedings against them and also invoice them for my time that they had from me away from my business to sort a mess out that is their fault so I'm looking forward to a 4 figure payment just for my time aloneSmiley Wink

Jason

0 Ratings
mrfudd
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Hi all

Back again after 3 months and the problem still not resolved as of todays bill.

Really getting fed up now so one last PM off to Craig and if its not resolved this time round then its off to OFFTEL or who ever and my own legal team and Watchdog.

BT.....Enoughs enough now.Smiley MadSmiley Mad

0 Ratings
mrfudd
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

PM sent to Craig on the 22nd and still no reply so either hes on holiday or just not answering and wanting to resolve this matter so could somone confirm if hes on holiday please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 17

@mrfudd wrote:

PM sent to Craig on the 22nd and still no reply so either hes on holiday or just not answering and wanting to resolve this matter so could somone confirm if hes on holiday please?

Hi mrfudd,

You should use the contact  the mods form  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 , if he is on holiday or on sick leave a PM(private message) can sit in his mail box untill he returns.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Hi Mrfudd,

Thanks for posting. Craig is indeed off on holiday. I’ve checked our email queue and can’t see one from the address you’ve registered in your profile. Can you try sending again via the contact us form.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 17

Hi Mrfudd,
I am also a pensioner like your parents and would hate to be in the same situation that BT has put them into.
But that is unlikely as I get my bills the old fashioned but safe way,by paper each month.
That way I see and have black and white evidence of my payments,and also if they do not send the bill I can`t pay it.
Even if I had been able to use DD,I would not because imo it leaves people open to being overcharged etc.
Paper might be old fashioned these days,but I for one think the old ways were and still are the best.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings