cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Customer Service

Hi ironman123 I agree with your comment completely you can also pay paperless each month on-line by credit or debit card as well
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

I have dealt with CISAS (offcom telecommunications complaints adjudicators) and you are well within your rights to contact them with this dispute given the tomescales you have been waiting. The fact someone is now on holiday when you are still chasing up the complaint and that your email cannot actually be found would be beyond the last straw to me........if it was the other way roun and your parents owed BT I have no doubt you would be recievong debt collectors letters by now so why give BT all this time??! CISAS will review and contact BT on your behalf and they will have a certain amount of time to get back to them and if not or if response not satisfactory or fully resolved they will rule in your favor regardless so I'd defiantly go down that route now PLUS as far as I'm aware if you do use CISAS they will bill BT around £150 for having to deal with a complaint for them :))
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Complaints about phone companies
If you have a complaint about your phone company, you should speak to them about it first. If this doesn't solve the problem, you can make a formal complaint to the company. You can find details of how to do this on the back of your phone bill. If you can't find these details, the company's customer service staff will tell you how to make a formal complaint.
All phone companies are required to have a formal customer complaints process. If the company hasn't got one, you should tell the communications watchdog, Ofcom.
If you have made a formal complaint to the phone company and this hasn't solved the problem, you can try using the company's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. Your phone company might belong to one of two ADR schemes which have been approved by Ofcom:
Ombudsman Services: Communications or
CISAS (Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme).
All phone companies are required to have an ADR scheme. They are breaking important consumer protection rules if they don't. If your phone company won't tell you about its ADR scheme, you can call Ofcom.
If you have a complaint about a premium rate number service, see the section on Premium rate phone services.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Have just seen BT are with OTELO which work the same way as CISAS so good luck :))
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Hi

Unfortunately it seems it's not the customer service that's the problem - just had a long annoying experience because my BB went down. It was a BB problem but the customer agents in India insisted there was a fault on the line and over a period of a week sent out 2 engineers - it was only when I got heavy after 10 calls they sent a BB engineer out. In the interim it was suggested my router was at fault and the only way I could solve that was to take another 12 monthly contract out - as it happens it wasn't that so i felt I was 'conned' into a new contract which i couldn't get out of as I was an existing customer. It was clear to the reaction of the Indian agents that they had to follow a routine or they would get into trouble - why else would an agent ring me back and insist I rated him!  I'm afraid, through their appalling customer service I received, they've just lost a BB customer - even if I have to pay up my contract I'm certainly not going through the stress of that 12 day experience again - I stress I blame BT not the Centre agents.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Don't pay for what you don't get!

For what it might be worth I would strongly recommend keeping a careful note of what when etc, and then take it further including going to court. It is clear malpractice to be even invited into a new contract when you are in the middle of trying to sort out a fault.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -
Wondering what went wrong with human communication?
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .
0 Ratings